Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Integrated Signal Lights in Doubling Pegs

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 06:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Integrated Signal Lights in Doubling Pegs

Hey Guys,
I was on a ride and crossed paths with another CBR with some really trick integrated rear LED signal lights that were sunk into his doubling pegs. When I asked him where he got them he gave me the contact of a guy out in Florida who did them, and anodized them to match the bike. I have since lost the contact info and am looking to get my pegs done. Does anyone know the place in Florida I'm talking about???

Cheers,
-Ridin 365-

Old 09-08-2010, 07:01 PM

Never heard of them but that's a pretty cool idea. If you've got an extra set laying around and want to send them to me I'd give it a try.

Old 09-08-2010, 07:27 PM

Are you talking about the led's mounted in the passenger foot pegs? Sorry, I've never heard of doubling pegs, but Im assuming thats what you mean.

If so.. I would suggest against it. A friend of mine had them on his 600RR and you couldn't see them at all. You'd be much better off buying an intergrated taillight if you want to clean up the back end of your bike.

Having said that... here ya go.

http://www.sportbikecreations.net/footpegs.htm

Old 09-08-2010, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by CBR Scorpion
doubling pegs.
Im assuming you mean the passenger peg assemblies? That is just led lights. They drill holes in the peg bracket and mount the lights, then cover it all with that electric tape paste crap or whatever its called.

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=2hg7ntc&s=4
^ is that what you mean?

http://www.tripageled.com/PAGES/hondaother.htm
^ that site does them for like 45 bucks....

Last edited by txsmainevent; 09-08-2010 at 07:34 PM.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:36 PM

I do believe that's what he had in mind. If anyone has a set rear pegs they want to send me i'd be more than happy to make them a set!

Old 09-08-2010, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by jp_greenville13
I do believe that's what he had in mind. If anyone has a set rear pegs they want to send me i'd be more than happy to make them a set!

How much?

Old 09-08-2010, 07:51 PM

If you're interested send me pegs and ship the supplies my way. I'll do them and send'm back (your expense of course) and you can pay me whatever you think is fair based on the quality of work. Sound fair?

Old 09-08-2010, 07:59 PM
Default Passenger Foot Pegs

Yes, led's mounted in the passenger foot pegs. I am putting an integrated tail light as well for redundancy but in Canada they will pull you over for just having only an integrated tail light with out markers. I need to have rear signals that are at least four inches apart not to attract heat by the local bacon. I will track down the company doing it, I want to say it was about $140-->$170 for the set anodized to colour match.

....Just noticed you attached a link, these look very close but these look like they are to be installed yourself, the guy I got the info from I was to send away my pegs and they would drill them out, install and anodize. Thanks for the link!!! It's a start I'm going to go through the site might pick up an eliminator and other accessories through them.

Cheers,
-Ridin 365-

Originally Posted by justasquid
Are you talking about the led's mounted in the passenger foot pegs? Sorry, I've never heard of doubling pegs, but Im assuming thats what you mean.

If so.. I would suggest against it. A friend of mine had them on his 600RR and you couldn't see them at all. You'd be much better off buying an intergrated taillight if you want to clean up the back end of your bike.

Having said that... here ya go.

http://www.sportbikecreations.net/footpegs.htm

Last edited by CBR Scorpion; 09-08-2010 at 08:08 PM.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:31 PM

I think that's what the above site does as well. send your pegs they do the work and send'm back. As previosly stated I could do the same if anyone is interested. I cannot however anodize them. I could have them powdered or if someone really wants the ano finish I could figure that out too. C'mon guys help me out with my free time :P lol

Old 09-08-2010, 08:37 PM

It looks like those were stick ons versed drilled out and mounted...Where you located?
Also have you seen a have decent finder eliminator for 2008 CBR RR, that doesn't mount the plate below the battery!? I like the look of this one it says it would work on my 08 but I don't think so cause my stock tail light isn't sunk in but hangs down off the fender along with the signals unlike the 03 and 04's.....any ideas?

http://www.SPORTBIKELITES.COM/HONDA-...%20kit%202.htm

Cheers,
-Ridin 365-

Originally Posted by jp_greenville13
I think that's what the above site does as well. send your pegs they do the work and send'm back. As previosly stated I could do the same if anyone is interested. I cannot however anodize them. I could have them powdered or if someone really wants the ano finish I could figure that out too. C'mon guys help me out with my free time :P lol

Last edited by CBR Scorpion; 09-08-2010 at 08:48 PM.

Quick Reply: Integrated Signal Lights in Doubling Pegs