Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Insurance are they kidding??

Old 06-23-2007, 07:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insurance are they kidding??

I have Auto insurance with Progressive. They have a habit lately of upping the price from what they quoted me and I'm getting really pissed. they did it with my truck and now they just did it with my bike. I have a 92 F2 and they originally quoted me $350 a year and they just upped that to $670 because according to them I've had 2 credit checks in the last year. Um yea, I've been shopping insurance from everyone.

Anyway, i saw a commercial for Geico Motorcycle so i tought i would give it a shot. Went through their on line stuff and the quote I got back for the exact same coverages was $2,699 a year!!! Are they insane???? The fugging bikeis barelyworth that much and that would only be because I just did all sorts of maintenance and tire replacement.

Who do you all use and what's the most outrageous quote you have gotten?

Old 06-23-2007, 07:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Insurance are they kidding??

ORIGINAL: MikeInCtown
they just upped that to $670 because according to them I've had 2 credit checks in the last year.
They are up in from of a judge right now for running credit checks when they didn't have authorization (don't ask, I just know) and it's some serious ****. Find out if they ran your credit and if you didn't authorize it they are in violation..again. This isn't a joke, they can NOT get that info without your approval.

Old 06-23-2007, 07:23 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

a friend of mines, his new gf her ex husband works for a credit place andtried to pull my buddies info and lost his job because of it

i have progressive. im 22 with1 basic speeding ticket and on 2 bikesw/ full coverageits 197 a month

Old 06-23-2007, 08:09 PM

Proggressive quoted me @ 3,500 a year on my 06 1KRR. I am 30, ZERO infractions, squeeky clean record. I told them they were smoking guano. Geico was the best deal in town, 1200 a year, full coverage, signed with them.....until..........I called State Farm....then the skies parted and they quoted me at 430.00....I was like...Holy ****, thats allot better, 430 every six months, great deal. The agent then corrected me....not 430 every six months, 430 for the year....and better coverage and lower deductables........I about crapped myself. So, needless to say, I have my bike with State Farm and highly recomend them. They couldn't beat allstate for my cars though, or I would have switched everything over to State Farm. I hate insurance. I think it's the biggest rip-off in the world to a point, but it is what it is because all the free-for-nothins suing the crap out of everybody and you and I pay for it. Just doesn't sit that well with me that I have paid probably ohhhh 20K on insurance since I've been driving and have never filed a claim, all so some lame *** can get a huge pay-day when they sue for the slightest of issues.

Old 06-23-2007, 08:27 PM

lol wan to hear something crazy i had a lil problems with my driving record and got quoted 17,000 the progressive lady coulndnt belive it lol shyt me either.
2 stolen cars
1 totaled car
1 bike accident maybe some more lil crap but w/e hope the lo jack on the bike works fine

Old 06-23-2007, 11:02 PM

USAA will not insure Bikes anymore.. they refer you straight to Progressive
Can't beat USAA for auto and homeowners... but I'm a little pissed at them for the whole bike thing. I despise Progressive and I'm not even sure why... (besides the fact that they are quoting me TWICE the bike payment to insure the damn thing, meaning, If I insure the 07 600RR with them for the life of the loan I'd end up paying $9K for the bike, and $18K on insurrance WTF!!??!!??)

So State Farm seems to be the best out there...for bikes, I'll have to give them a call...

Old 06-23-2007, 11:33 PM

ORIGINAL: WhiteDealershipRice

So State Farm seems to be the best out there...for bikes, I'll have to give them a call...
State Farm Rocks! I have my house, 3 cars and 3 bikes through them.

Old 06-24-2007, 07:39 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: OldFatGuy

State Farm Rocks! I have my house, 3 cars and 3 bikes through them.
I'll second that.

Old 06-24-2007, 07:52 AM

Yep State Farm is da way to go .. plus being 25 helps a little on payments .. currently 31 month / full coverage

Old 06-24-2007, 10:14 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'll 4th State Farm, got my house, both cars, camera and bike on there. Full coverage with $250 deductable is only 19.99 a month for the cane. They quoted me 50 a month for a 07 rr(I just wanted to see) with the same coverage.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Insurance are they kidding??