Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

insurance companys are the slowest peopel

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 11:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default insurance companys are the slowest peopel

i wrecked at end of july. when all the medical treatment stuff was done at end of october i (well my mom i am not 18) had to call the girls insurance company to get on with the pain and suffering, and medical bills part of the claim.

thats about 5 weeks now and the hospital and my work just got the papers from the insruance comapny with what they need to send to them.

the lady that work at the insurance company said she sent them out 3 weeks ago. after 2 weeks i called the hospital to see if they got them becuase my work had not got them. they said no. i called her everyday and wow they had them in 3-4 days.

does any one know the process you go through for this. first she sent me papers i had to sign so she could send them to the hospital to get my information. whats next? this better not take months i am so tired of waiting.

i think they hope you grow so old waiting you dont remember.

Old 12-02-2007, 12:17 PM
VP
Default RE: insurance companys are the slowest peopel

it does take months... and hospitals aren't any better... beauracracy is the key to procrastination... the longer it takes the more likely it is people will give up or lose motivation...

it's funny how hard people work to not have to work

Old 12-02-2007, 12:28 PM

Progressive handled all the BS in a matter of days. Same-day phone calls from them to confirm information and procedural steps. Then all hospital bills were paid promptly--soon enough that the hospital never had to send an initial 'payment due' notice. Lovely.

Old 12-02-2007, 04:53 PM

ORIGINAL: SpiritRR

Progressive handled all the BS in a matter of days. Same-day phone calls from them to confirm information and procedural steps. Then all hospital bills were paid promptly--soon enough that the hospital never had to send an initial 'payment due' notice. Lovely.

Progressive takes pride in their timeliness. I was paid withing 48 hours of crashing a car and that was only because there was a Sunday between when I crashed and when they could do the estimate. They are good.

Old 12-02-2007, 10:21 PM

well this is erie insurance i think its only in the area. westren PA i dont know though. all i know is they better hurry up. i will call everyday. if they tell me it will take a week to get something and they dont call i will call them everyday intill its done.

Old 12-02-2007, 10:25 PM

They wont your money but dont want to give it up.

Old 12-02-2007, 10:46 PM

just stay on them like flies on %$#. also, some surprise visits to their office helps if it is within driving range.

Old 12-03-2007, 01:37 AM

State Farm took a full month to get me a simple check for comprehensive the last time my bike was vandalized.

Progressive had a guy there the next day who cut a check on the spot when my fiancee got rear-ended at a red light (The other guy's insurance) in my Civic.

Old 12-03-2007, 02:09 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ But State Farm only charges me $70/month.........Progressive wanted over $6500/year. So I guess you have to pay for good service.

Old 12-04-2007, 12:05 AM

My bike is $67 or so a month with State Farm. Progressive wanted something like $2800 for it.

Which is hilarious, because my first insurance company when I got the bike was Progressive, and I was paying about $75 a month. I did a quote two years later (last month) and they wanted almost quadruple, what the hell?

Quick Reply: insurance companys are the slowest peopel