Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

insurance

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 01:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default insurance

So after looking at insurance it's looking l i k e I might not get a new RR.. collision alone adds l i ke 5 grand to the total.. do people total 65% of these bikes in a year? I mean really how do they account for that much money? I still haven't checked with state farm on it so I might be able to afford the stuff.. full coverage on ONE of my cars I u s e d to have was $3400 a year by itself. I'll just see what I can do. Maybe I'll get a good enough break when I'm 21 and I'll just have to sit this out for a few more months.

Old 08-06-2008, 03:07 AM
Default RE: insurance

wait what? i pay like 500 a year with a really ****ty MVR....5grand???

Old 08-06-2008, 03:10 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

whats your record look like? how old are you ? what company did you go through ? also if you are leasing a bike that adds more too not to mention if you live in a bad neighbor hood many different reasons can contribute to such a high quote but id shop around if i were you

Old 08-06-2008, 03:40 AM

Well I've just been getting quotes online and they didn't look so good.. I'm only 20 right now and I'm pretty used to high insurance since I'm attracted to expensive cars.. maybe I'm just doing it wrong. I'll run down to the insurance office tomorrow and talk to them about it. I'm not going to skimp on the coverage for a low price though.. the last thing I want to worry about in case of an accident is the bills. I'm probably going to end up leasing to c r e a t e some credit since right now I have absolutely 0 credit.. plus I've got my eye on some nice gear.. heh I've been using a $25 full face (dot approved tho) and a kevlar draggin shirt that my brother bought me.. I really need to get some gear. I've just always heard that insurance is expensive on new bikes so wasn't sure what to expect, plus this will be the first one I'm opting for full coverage on.

Old 08-06-2008, 05:37 AM
Banned

what do you ride now? what does insurance cost on it?

Old 08-06-2008, 08:27 AM

Yeah dude, i'm 22 and have a h o rr i b l e MVR. Go t h r o u g h s t a t e f a r m, they only c h a r g e d me 650 a year for full c o v e r a g e on my 08600rr. You just have to make sure y o u have less than 7 p o i n t s on your l i s e n c e or t h e y ' l l d r o p y o u. [sm=bustedsign.gif]

Old 08-06-2008, 08:34 AM

Go to an independant insurance agent, not one you see advertised..... I got full coverage on my 07 1K for about $360 a year.....

Old 08-06-2008, 08:53 AM

Quit looking into quotes with the big name companies, get out the ol' yellow pages and start dialing up some smaller places. The small guy will get quotes from many smaller insurance companies and then show you the cheapest ones. These people are great to deal with, and they also won't make you feel 1ike a number.

Old 08-06-2008, 10:30 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I went with a small company one time. I had a crash that had to be reported to DMV and when it was, the insurance co. cancelled me and set the cancel date before the accident. My license was suspended because the insurance co. reported that I was not a client of theirs and the accident was considered uninsured!! State then susp my license due to it being unisured [:@] ... watch out for the small ones. Bastards kept my money too!!!! They can REALLY screw you over.

Old 08-06-2008, 10:54 AM

ORIGINAL: marc0011

I went with a small company one time. I had a crash that had to be reported to DMV and when it was, the insurance co. cancelled me and set the cancel date before the accident. My license was suspended because the insurance co. reported that I was not a client of theirs and the accident was considered uninsured!! State then susp my license due to it being unisured [:@] ... watch out for the small ones. Bastards kept my money too!!!! They can REALLY screw you over.
LOL, sorry to laugh but that really sucks..... Most independant insurance companies are just brokers for large insurance companies that you never hear of because they dont spend your money advertising on TV I've had cincinnatti ins. for decades thru an independant, never had trouble, very easy to deal with....

Quick Reply: insurance