Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Incompetent A$$e$

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 05:27 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Incompetent A$$e$

Seriously, if someone's going to try to be a d-bag they need to be competent about it. I'm actually offended at their lack of success

Traffic had to be tied up for about 3 blocks cause people were rubbernecking a traffic stop of all things. After waiting patiently behind 3 cars thru the same light 3 times I said "**** it" and began filtering thru the stopped cars. As I neared the cause of the traffic jam and where I planned to turn off, I switched into the Bike Lane (after thoroughly checking for bicyclists anywhere near my position). That's when this a$$hole in a 4x4 decides he doesn't like what I'm doing. So he tries to block my path.

He start pulling over to the right into the Bike Lane. At first I thought he was just drifting that way as he creeped forward. But it became pretty clear he was trying to block the lane to stop me. Choices:
  • Stop and wait
  • Go thru

A bit of quick mental physics and geometry told me there was no way he could successfully cut me off if I held my speed and kissed the curb. Not without him actually hitting me. So I went on thru. But this is were the incompetency really enters: When he realizes he can't block me I hear him yell "Grab him!" to his passenger. And the ****er even tried to grab the back of my jacket as I went past the door. WHAT THE ****?!?

I'll ignore the petty jealousy that I can find a way past the traffic while he was stuck. A little more difficult to ignore is the obvious intent to risk injuring someone just because you can't have it your way. A lot harder to ignore is his passenger's compliance with the order. 2 ****tards in the same truck? But the thing that absolutely amazes me is their lack of self preservation.

With traffic they had absolutely no escape route. If they succeeded what did they expect me to do? Sit there and cry?!? Getting yanked off my bike at 5-8 mph would only hurt Ororo with the gear I wear. I know this. But the seething rage I'd feel at seeing my bike injured because of some petty d-bag ****tard would guarantee an extremely violent, prolly extremely grotesque reaction. I'd have to call in a favor I've held for a very long time.

Lawyer-friend once told me as payback for something I did, he'd represent me in any case and get me off of whatever charge. He's a death penalty defense lawyer down south

Just had to shed some anger

Old 08-11-2010, 05:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow thats some f*cked up ****, i mean i know theres a lot of *** clowns out there that do some real dumb stuff, but Jesus that seriously takes the cake

Old 08-11-2010, 05:47 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Kuroshio, do you ever have an uneventful day??? ;-D j/k

Sorry about your cager interaction. There's no excuse for his/their attempted assault. These types of actions should be reported to law enforcent w/ their tag number. Sure, its inconvenient but you'll have the satisfaction of knowing the incident is on the record. If/when the jackass tries this again, he'd have an incident already reported & would help support the next rider's story.

Glad you're ok.

Old 08-11-2010, 06:10 PM

shame u didnt get the license plate cause id get u an address if so. slash some 4x4 tires for that karma.

Old 08-11-2010, 06:23 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gotcbr
Kuroshio, do you ever have an uneventful day??? ;-D j/k

I work for a cable company. So the answer is: Only when I'm on vacation. Trust me, I could entertain you for years with the cable stories.

"Excuse me, ma'am, could you please put on more than a towel?" (it was Halloween so she put on her see-thru fishnet cat suit)
"Excuse me, sir, could you please put on some underwear and pants" (he draped a towel over his lap and continued to watch ****)
"Excuse me, ma'am, if you don't stop your 12 year old daughter from hitting on me I will be forced to leave" (I did have to leave that job as the mom thought my reaction to her 12 yro daughter sitting in front of me in a microskirt spreading her legs was amusing)
"Um, you might putting away the guns?" (couple of 9mm on the dining room table)
"Miss, you'll need to pick up that cash you have laying on your bed. (It was bank wrapped stacks of $20s, best guess around $8k)" (she was getting ready to get a cashier's check for a house down payment)

Won't even go into the house cleanliness issues

Originally Posted by gotcbr
Sorry about your cager interaction. There's no excuse for his/their attempted assault. These types of actions should be reported to law enforcent w/ their tag number. Sure, its inconvenient but you'll have the satisfaction of knowing the incident is on the record. If/when the jackass tries this again, he'd have an incident already reported & would help support the next rider's story.

Glad you're ok.
I was already past them. If I had stopped to collect their info, the mild amusement I felt from their failed attempt woulda turned into anger. And remember, I'm armed. Plus filtering is against the law here so it'd have been 50 / 50 on how the responding officer would react.

Old 08-11-2010, 07:46 PM

This has happened to me twice lately, and I was in a Hummer H2 at the time. People just hate when they perceive you "cheating". "I'm suffering, so everyone else should." "Everyone stay in their place in line." Some very competitive and aggressive situations can develop. They are actually willing to crash you. They, being bullies, assume you will cower. They are playing chicken. They should really be thinking "Does everyone really need to be as dumb as I am?" I haven't had any real physical contact yet, but close. It gets your heart pumping for sure.

Old 08-12-2010, 04:22 AM

lmao nearly clotheslined there. i would go crazy if they ripped me off my bike.

Old 08-12-2010, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Won't even go into the house cleanliness issues
I know the feeling there Kuro, I was a geek squad in-home agent awhile back. And holy **** you find out how people live and change your habits almost instantly.

I have had some crazy install stories too. I think the best were two beautiful women had me install their computers. One asked if I knew how to hook up wireless web cams. I said yep and she had 5 and wanted them in the corners of her rooms facing the bed. Asked her what is was for and got the dumbest excuse I have ever heard. I want to see myself at all angles. hello web cam girl!

second was at a house and I go to start their computer and on the desktop to 60-somethings wearing leather, one with a ball gag, and it was two men. I tried to ignore the background till the lover comes out in the same outfit. They just took the picture and he was all greasy. I did everything in my power not to throw up and laugh uncontrollably all at the same time.

thank god I have a state job now.

Old 08-12-2010, 11:35 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I work for a cable company. So the answer is: Only when I'm on vacation. Trust me, I could entertain you for years with the cable stories...
I can only imagine. lol.

I was already past them. If I had stopped to collect their info, the mild amusement I felt from their failed attempt woulda turned into anger. And remember, I'm armed. Plus filtering is against the law here so it'd have been 50 / 50 on how the responding officer would react.
Let me clarify the reporting suggestion...
I've lived in several states & all of them have allowed for some sort of phone or website report for this type of activity. Unless its something of a more serious nature, you won't be contacted...it will simply be documented in the system. Then, if that "offender" is involved again in a similar situation, the report will add weight to the victim's statement, as the offender having a propensity for this type of activity. Basically, you're helping the next guy/victim.

As for the ccw situation. Yes, discretion is the better part of valor...no doubt. You definitely have to have a higher level of patience & control.

Here's hoping you're having a more uneventful day today.

Old 08-12-2010, 12:35 PM

I hate it when when your in traffic and you go to pass for whatever the reason is and people get all pissed off....

1. people dont get pissed /jealous b/c I can get around traffic and you cant

2.if im not effecting your driving (cutting you off ect ect)why do you get pissed?

3.when im in a car Idont care if a bike flys past me while im sitting in traffic cuz theres nothing I can do about it

4. GET OVER IT