Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Improper passing or not????

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 03:05 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Improper passing or not????

^ so your speeding (illegal) and because someone who is doing the speed limit wont move they are in the wrong ?

maybe i didnt understand you correctly and you actually meant that your doing the speed limit and you come up on someone who is doing under the limit and they wont move

Old 09-08-2007, 03:42 PM
VP

lane sharing is illegal in some places you can get a ticket for sharing lanes at a stop light in some georgia counties... even it wasn't illegal it was sort of an ******* thing to do maybe that's why he smiled so you wouldn't get pissy

Old 09-08-2007, 03:56 PM

ORIGINAL: HAVOC

^ so your speeding (illegal) and because someone who is doing the speed limit wont move they are in the wrong ?

maybe i didnt understand you correctly and you actually meant that your doing the speed limit and you come up on someone who is doing under the limit and they wont move
You have seen the signs "slower traffic keep right" havent you? Do you think that road signs should be optional? If you are Slower traffic than the guy behind you then shouldnt you "keep right"? I mean the person who comes up behind you could in fact be speeding, but cops get paid to enforce the speed limit not you.

Old 09-08-2007, 04:26 PM

^ haha gotta love deductive reasoning

Old 09-08-2007, 04:33 PM

deductive reasoning huh? Aight you run a STOP sign--illegal? You dont yield to a YIELD sign---illegal? Once again goin over a posted speed limit sign--illegal? But your right maybe this sign is optional.

Old 09-08-2007, 04:38 PM
Banned

He was wrong to invade the lane like that But you said you saw him comin up and obviously he was moving faster than you, why wouldnt you get over. Slower traffic stay right.
Very true, I knew he was back there, but I didn't notice him closing. I tend to ride/drive @ or +5 from the speed limit so it is not like I was going slow. The other thing is the town I live in is HEAVILY PATROLLED. we are 4 squares miles with 3 roving radar cops at NON-peak times. No locals speed at all, we know better. But like I said, it just seemed weird that he was way behind me and then passed me all in 1/4 mile or so and I was moving at a good speed.

i was taught in drivers ed (like 10 years ago) to maintain the closest lane to you. In other words, I think you're supposed to make the right hand turn into the right hand lane... thenSignal for the left lane.
Thats what I did. 'after the turn, I slide over to the left lane'. So I made the right onto the right lane then looked over the shoulder and went into the left lane.

Anyway, thanks for the replies. I thought it was kinda strange.

Old 09-08-2007, 04:44 PM

If you look up the Traffic laws from state to state Most states say the left lane is for Passing only.

Old 09-08-2007, 04:59 PM

ORIGINAL: bboi

deductive reasoning huh? Aight you run a STOP sign--illegal? You dont yield to a YIELD sign---illegal? Once again goin over a posted speed limit sign--illegal? But your right maybe this sign is optional.
ok thisis what i want you to do.. get on the freeway or even city streets. get a cop in front of you in your lane then i want you to speed up well over the legal limit and tell that cop thatsince heis"slower" traffic he needs to move out of your way.....

now if the cop is doing 25 in a 40 mph yes he is slower traffic and needs to keep to theright, or trucks carrying large loads or towing something that sign (slower traffic keep right) would apply to them too

Old 09-08-2007, 05:00 PM

ORIGINAL: bboi

If you look up the Traffic laws from state to state Most states say the left lane is for Passing only.
too bad nobody follows those rules. i think driving super slow in the fast lane is cause for execution. no trial, straight to the gallows. nothing pisses me off more.

Old 09-08-2007, 05:01 PM

I don't know about any other state, but in NY, it is illegal to overtake another motorcyclist in the same lane, period. Rider ethics shun's this, and cops do bust riders for doing it. Not that often, but usually this type of ticket is ancillary to something else like, speeding, unsafe lane change, etc... Normally police around here don't give out tickets for that. If I don't know the rider, I would never overtake them in the same lane.

Quick Reply: Improper passing or not????