Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I'm quitting...

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 11:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I'm quitting...

I cold turkey'd about 10 years ago (July 31 is the anniversary date...pretty bad to remember the "Day I Quit").

Carried 1/2 a pack around for about a week or so(just in case I broke down), then carried them in the car/bike for about a week, then left them at home in a cabinet. Found that 1/2 pack about 5 years later and threw them out.

You have to really want to quit.

First few days were the toughest, but get through a week and it gets easier. Some experts say that Lemon Drops Candyhelp, too (the citric acid helps flush the nicotine).

Old 09-02-2008, 12:11 PM

i've quit for about 6months now sun flower seeds where my best friend,but my biggest problem was smoking was something for me to fill time with since i just cant sit ando nothing. so nowwhen ever i get a craving i just find something to do for the time of the craving like fiddle around with the bike or change the oil in my car. you get the point, most of my craving only lasted about 15mins so i could find something to do for that 15 than i was good till the next one. all in all though you've got to really wont it an if you do than stay strong an you will beat it.

Old 09-02-2008, 12:23 PM

get a pack of the nastiest cigs you can find... like really gross and hard for you to smoke, everytime you need one, smoke that lol youll hate it in no time... thats how my dad quit like 100 years ago.

one of my buddies is doing the sunflower seed thing too

Old 09-02-2008, 12:25 PM
Retired Moderator

This may sound wierd, but you have to try to limit the activities that cause you to smoke...I know, I know, easier said than done. For example, if you read the paper first thing in the morning with your cup of coffee and a smoke, try not to read the paper or have the cup of coffee. If you smoke while driving, after sex, after a meal, etc, some of these activities you won't be able to avoid and just have to rough through it. Good luck. You are adding years to your life.

Old 09-02-2008, 01:02 PM

tricks will work for certain circumstances, but overall you have to really WANT to quit....for example if you really want to quit, then tell your parents (like you dont want to) that way theres 1 less "out" you have for yourself. eliminate the times you have a chance to fail (parties, being around smokers, etc etc)

you gotta really want it for yourself.

2 guys i work with are 60 or older and both smoked since they were 12 and 16. and they both quit cold turkey, been like 5 years for each of them....its all how bad you decide you want it.

Old 09-02-2008, 01:21 PM

I'll keep you guys posted on how I'm doin with it, thanks for the suggestions. Voodoo I can't really avoid everything that I do while I smoke cause I'd smoke whenever I could really. Last week I went outside for a smoke and came back in less than an hour later after having 11, I guess I just lost count and I chain smoke. I just really feel like I need to do this.

Old 09-02-2008, 02:41 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: thisismyacct

I'll keep you guys posted on how I'm doin with it, thanks for the suggestions. Voodoo I can't really avoid everything that I do while I smoke cause I'd smoke whenever I could really. Last week I went outside for a smoke and came back in less than an hour later after having 11, I guess I just lost count and I chain smoke. I just really feel like I need to do this.
Makes sense. I used to smoke a pack a day, and was one of those quit by dipping guys, too. Now, I am a can to can and a half a week guy...[:@]

Old 09-02-2008, 02:43 PM
Cro

"your gonna sit here and smoke this whole pack while I watch". IT WORKS!!!
I've have quit for about a year minus the occational drunken or after sex puff. Get yourself drunk one night, jack is best for this in my opinion. Get a pack of nasty menthols (parlaments seem the worst on your lungs for me) and sit and start puffing. Kill that pack and your habit will die with it.

Old 09-02-2008, 03:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2 packs a day to nothing, cold turkey

1. quit drinking or you will fail
2. find it within yourself to decide to quit, not *try* to quit. Trying leaves room for failure, failure is for po0sies.
3. Consider yourself important enough to quit for. Your health should be more important than sex, seriously.

Old 09-02-2008, 04:16 PM

I didnt read all of the suggestions so it might have been mentioned, but i quit with a friend and the easiest way was to make a deal. If they smoke/think about it/buy smokes/anything to do with smoking then you get to inflict pain on them and vise versa. and you also have all of the other people around keeping an eye out on the others, eventually you just dont want anything to do with it, and its makes quitting more fun cuz you get to hit someone, twizzlers make a good weapon too

good luck man.

Quick Reply: I'm quitting...