Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

i'm a poser?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 01:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i'm a poser?

wow i actualy got my feelings hurt.aparently my "chicken strips" are too large.i didnt have a clue what they were talking about
until someone else told me.the guy asked if i seriously rode my bike or if i was just a poser.wtf? just when i was counting on the sportbike comunity to be tight i am ever reminded there are ******** evereywhere.all in all i have meet more cool people than ********.i know he was kidding around but it was at my expence[:@] my friend had my back and assured i ride well within my means
seeing i havent been riding a month yet.sooooo let it be known i am a CHICKEN and my CHICKEN STRIPS are large i lean the bike to where i'm comfortable and turning with acuracy.i've nothing to prove except that i enjoy riding i take it seriously and with time and patience i may out ride they ******* who said that dumb ****

Old 05-21-2006, 01:35 PM
Default RE: i'm a poser?

CHICKIN STRIPES ????? what is those ??? never heard of them, other than what you get out of a kid's meal at "CARLS JR". are these Chickin stripes some kinda scarlet letter ??? are they really noticeable ?? hope I don't have them, but I would assume that only a real hard core knee dragger would be fully traind to recognize these stripes. havent really rode in any groups other than a 1/2 day ride witha buddie and his wife last year, mainly ride by myself, so havent been able to put myself under the scrutiny of my peers yet, hope I pass

Old 05-21-2006, 01:47 PM

strips are the part of your tires that are unmolested(the more you lean your bike the less the tire is clean). Where i live we have alot of people who say they ride only to drop there bike on the first turn. they want to look good, and dont care about the sport of riding. stright lines are not riding, anyone, and i mean anyone can get on a bike and go stright, it takes skill to RIDE a bike. not saying you guys dont. always ride within your limits and dont worry about what people say, they dont have to pay the reaper, you do.

Old 05-21-2006, 01:59 PM

One of the joys of having no one to ride with...no scrutiny..as long as u ride with in your means nothing should matter.The second u decide to ride like someone else..its over...LOL..

Old 05-21-2006, 04:55 PM

"Carls jr." hahaha. that sounds funny, down here its hardee's.

Old 05-21-2006, 06:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HOTWIRE ... you poser !!!!!!! aw, BS!!!!!! I learned this valuble saying back in the 70's....
THE MASSES, ARE ASSES... And THEY BREED !!!!!!!!!!
DON'T SWEAT IT !!!!!!!! I think anyone that would say that... oh, I already coverd that... hey, I got another one.... DISCRETION, THE BETTER PART OF VALOR. YOU HAVE NOTHING TO PROOVE, I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE FORGET WHERE THEY COME FROM... Clean and free, Ripp'n

Old 05-21-2006, 06:43 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Better a poseur than a squid ... let it be water off a duck's back dude. No need to get excited over idiots spouting off. If it was said in jest then laugh it off. You get big props from me for knowing your limits and sticking to them. If I never read another "crashed my bike" or "my friend died" thread it won't hurt my feelings ...

Old 05-21-2006, 07:23 PM

see theres the comradary.i hear ya guys i want to have fun and not kill myself

Old 05-21-2006, 07:59 PM

Don't worry about what they say. You are the one that has to go home with your head at the end of the day, and as long as you are happy with yourself, then thats all that counts.

Old 05-21-2006, 09:49 PM

ORIGINAL: miss demeaner

Don't worry about what they say. You are the one that has to go home with your head at the end of the day, and as long as you are happy with yourself, then thats all that counts.
+1, The more you ride the lower they'll get! I've never met anyone that was WSB quality when they first got on the street. We all started pretty much the same way.

Quick Reply: i'm a poser?