Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I'm officially bikeless for a month

Old 10-26-2012, 12:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy I'm officially bikeless for a month

Yeah ... so I just sold my f3. Now I'm waiting on my new f4i to get here, but this feeling, its horrible ! What to do ?! Lol this is the first time I haven't had a motorcycle since i started riding a few years ago (other than my bike being in the shop once for new carbs) and like i said, its weird. I hate it ! I need to ride ! How can i survive this horrible predicament ? Should I go steal my friends r6 that he doesn't ever ride for the month (and by steal i mean borrow of course) ? I'm sure you all have, or at least most of you have, experienced this same thing. How did you survive ? ;p

Old 10-26-2012, 12:33 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Pray for rain!

It's a week out of your life. Find other things to do.

I love riding too, but it's not the end of the world if life says I can't ride for a week...

Last edited by 74demon; 10-26-2012 at 12:37 PM.
Old 10-26-2012, 04:52 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

same thing here bro. sold my running bike.... don't have my real bike ready....

now i'm trolling CL.... but there's nothing good on there.

i'm getting the "itch" for sure....

Old 10-26-2012, 06:46 PM
June 2013 ROTM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My insurance expires on Halloween. After that, no riding til spring!

Old 10-26-2012, 07:53 PM

i know how you feel, two weeks ago i took mine back up to my parents house, 3.5 hours away, for storage since some cooler weather had been rolling in, and of course after i do that the weather has been near perfect for riding.

Old 10-26-2012, 08:20 PM

Poor fellas...I put my bike away in August and got it out for 3 days after that when I went home from college. Probably won't be out until April...

Old 10-26-2012, 08:37 PM

Its not a week ! The shipping for the new one at the fastest will be 28 days (and I just got it paid for so that 28 days wont start until next week at the soonest) .... and thats if i pay 800 bucks .... anything cheaper and its gonna be longer lol. I know its not the end of the world but obviously you other guys feel me. it IS horrible, and I do have the "itch". Ever since I started riding I can't imagine life without it, plus my bike was my main form of transportation. I have a truck but it hasn't been running, hopefully I can get it outa the shop on Monday

and damn sjona ... yeah that's murphy's law though right ? I really feel you on that one. I've never had any real bad problems with my bike, and as soon as the guy who wanted to buy it was on his way to my house, the fuel pump died... LOL so I replaced it with an airtex one I had laying around (i might post up a walkthrough on that) but he ended up having to wait for like 2 hours at my house and saw that it was all messed up so I gave him a discount for his time and because it made the bike look bad .... Murphy is a bitch.

And conrice you're talking about ur 954 build right ? Man that thing looks sick ! I was just looking at your thread. I've always loved those 954's Can't wait to see it finished.

Last edited by superjuicebox2; 10-26-2012 at 08:49 PM.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:09 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

A month? Where is it coming from?

At least your not hurt. It's even worse when your injured and have to look at a carcass of a bike everyday. That time period really sucked....

But don't borrow your friends bike. You would hate it should something happen.

Old 10-26-2012, 09:10 PM
June 2013 ROTM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by superjuicebox2
Its not a week ! The shipping for the new one at the fastest will be 28 days (and I just got it paid for so that 28 days wont start until next week at the soonest) .... and thats if i pay 800 bucks .... anything cheaper and its gonna be longer lol. I know its not the end of the world but obviously you other guys feel me. it IS horrible, and I do have the "itch". Ever since I started riding I can't imagine life without it, plus my bike was my main form of transportation. I have a truck but it hasn't been running, hopefully I can get it outa the shop on Monday

and damn sjona ... yeah that's murphy's law though right ? I really feel you on that one. I've never had any real bad problems with my bike, and as soon as the guy who wanted to buy it was on his way to my house, the fuel pump died... LOL so I replaced it with an airtex one I had laying around (i might post up a walkthrough on that) but he ended up having to wait for like 2 hours at my house and saw that it was all messed up so I gave him a discount for his time and because it made the bike look bad .... Murphy is a bitch.

And conrice you're talking about ur 954 build right ? Man that thing looks sick ! I was just looking at your thread. I've always loved those 954's Can't wait to see it finished.
Outta curiousity... where did you order your bike? I would have figured there would be alot of f4i's in cali. Unless you got a silly deal on one located elsewhere and it was cheaper to ship than buy local. Still, never hearing it run?

Originally Posted by That Guy in Maine
Poor fellas...I put my bike away in August and got it out for 3 days after that when I went home from college. Probably won't be out until April...
Sucks. But c'mon, I would have loved to have my bike in college, if you know what I mean!

Old 10-27-2012, 09:08 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here in Indy, it isn't fun to ride from Middle of October to Middle of March. Think about 5 months of no riding and then you will stop complaining. :-)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I'm officially bikeless for a month