Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Im Hungry!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007 | 09:49 PM
Default Im Hungry!

So I was pretty hungry then I made some baked ziti...I like to cook and was hopin we could get a thread of easy recipes to make.... Anything goes...

1lb Pasta (whole wheat) whatever kind
a couple onions
peas
mozzorella cheese
parm cheese
pesto
chicken?

There's alot you can do with these...usually I make the pasta which in my case has been Barilla Plus lately...it's extremely fortified with 17g protein, 3g fat, 360mg Omega-3, and 7g of fiber.(I'm a bit of a health nut when I cook for myself.) So I make the pasta, usually put about a cap full of olive oil in the water before it boils. If you want the water to boil faster than you put a cover on it. while that's going on I sautee a couple onions in oliveoil and minced garlic, usually with some spices like oregano, basil, alot goes... Also at the same time I'll cook some skinless boneless chicken tenderloins and then cut those up into chunks. usually after the onions are carmelized, Ill add either peas or spinach and the chicken and cook it all together for a few minutes. Once the pasta is done, strain it then add the jar of pesto mix around, add the cheeses, stir, add the chicken/spinach/onions. put in the oven for 10 minutes at 350. TADAAA. I like this recipe cause you can use pasta sauce instead of pesto, peas instead of spinach, not bake it, use different cheeses, no cheese, use balsamic vinigrette instead of the sauce and no cheeese just the onions spinach and chicken. A lot of tasty variations... Enjoy

Old 03-25-2007 | 11:52 PM
Default RE: Im Hungry!

if the extent ofmy cooking abilities went past making ramen noodles, i would totally be contributing to this thread, i would love to learn how to cook for myself. ramen, oven pizzas and cinnamon toast cruch just isnt cutting it anymore

Old 03-26-2007 | 12:00 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

+1 ! haha i can cook sometimes but usually if it takes longer then 5 minutes its not worth it . when im hungry im hungry now. but i gotta admit spam and rice is really good fast and easy to make .

Old 03-26-2007 | 01:46 AM

Dinner

Dessert

see I'm a damn good cook

Old 03-26-2007 | 01:54 AM
Retired Moderator

men sharing recipes on an m/c forum, how about some hair styling tips?

You are required to turn in your man card now.

I keed, i keed ... carry on.

Old 03-26-2007 | 01:55 AM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)

ORIGINAL: catamayo85

if the extent ofmy cooking abilities went past making ramen noodles, i would totally be contributing to this thread, i would love to learn how to cook for myself. ramen, oven pizzas and cinnamon toast cruch just isnt cutting it anymore
Get yourself a couple cookbooks and someone who knows their way around the kitchen and go for it. Start with the basics - meat and potatoes, pancakes, waffles (the waffle recipe below makes the world's best waffles), soups, spaghetti, etc. The person who knows their way around the kitchen is indespensable. There are a lot of things cookbooks assume everyone knows. Don't be afraid to experiement, don't be discouraged by failures (my polenta was so inedible that both the wife and I were sick after eating a little bit of it). Now, the waffle recipie:

2 cups Bisquick
1 egg
1 1/3 cup Club Soda
1/2 cup vegetable oil

Beat everything together. It makes a thin batter. Bake it right away (Ilike to make sure the waffle iron is hot before mixing everything).Top with butter and syrup, jelly or jam. Some likethick cream and strawberries, rasperries, etc. or sugar. The batter cannot be saved overnight - use it all at one time. Waffles can be frozen or refrigerated and warmed in a toaster over or microwave then eaten crispy and hot the next day if you wish.

Old 03-26-2007 | 02:07 AM

I know how to cook, and quite well I may add but there is a man law that applies here:

Man Law on Food: Regardless of weather, the grill is always the cooking appliance of first choice. A Man from the midwest contributes: further, salmon is a fish, and not a color.

Old 03-26-2007 | 12:47 PM
VP

Something easy and different for you guys:

2-12oz Heineken
1-8 oz can of Mexicorn (preferrably Green Giant brand)

Pour the can of Mexicorn in a pot and put it on the burner. Pour in one of the beers and heat until boiling. While waiting for the corn to boil, drink that other beer I was telling you about. Once it'sstarted boiling, pull the pot off the burner and turn it off.Noweither 1: Drain the beer into the sink and eat that tasty mexicorn or 2: Drain the beer into a glass and drink that tasty beer while you're eating the mexicorn. Trust me, try it once you'll love it!

Old 03-26-2007 | 12:56 PM

I love to cook. I usually go for my Chicken Alfredo with Peas, or Stuffed Pork Loin, or my Salmon

Salmon Recipe

1 Filet Salmon (skinned)
2 Tables spoons butter
Soy Sauce
Worchister Sauce
Italian Dressing
Sliced Onion
Lemon
Garlic Salt

Lay filet of Salmon on Greased aluminum foil (Shinny side up). Take the butter, 2 pours of Soy Sauce and One pour of Worchister Sauce into a bowl. Put in Mocro for 25 seconds, and then stir until butter is completely melted. Pour butter mixture over Salmon. Then drizzle italian dressing over it lightly. Spread sliced onion over salmon filet and squeeze lemon juice over it.

You can put on grill for 15 minutes or put in oven for 8-10 minutes @ 375*.

That's my recipe. I love it.

Plus one to the Ramen and cookie dough though!!! Raw cookie dough is the shizzy

Old 03-26-2007 | 01:59 PM

I can cook like a SOB but i agree wit kewl breeze....men shouldnt be sharing recipes on a mc forum. just not kosher

Quick Reply: Im Hungry!