Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I'm going on a roadtrip this weekend....(anybody want to meet up??)

Old 08-29-2008, 12:10 AM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I'm going on a roadtrip this weekend....(anybody want to meet up??)

Well my original plans with my buddy to go hiking and camping up in North Carolina this weekend fell through (he just had to pay $500 tuition for next semester in school, now he's broke). Soooo that left me with a long holiday weekend with nothing do, so I decided I'll take a lil roadtrip from N. Georgia up to central Illinois to see my sister and her 5 month old twin boys, and my mom and dad (haven't seen my mom or sister in over 2 years now so that'll be nice )

So anyways, I'm leaving super early saturday morning from Athens, GA, heading to Decatur, IL, and coming home on either monday or tuesday (waiting to see if I can get tues off work). If anybody is around I-75, I-24, or I-57 in GA, TN, KY, or IL and you want to meet up somewhere along the way... give me a ring and maybe we can do lunch or something. I can't make any long stops, as I have roughly 700 miles to go and 1 day to do it, but I can make a few quickies here and there [8D]

Old 08-29-2008, 12:21 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I'm going on a roadtrip this weekend....(anybody want to meet up??)

Havea safe trip bro. Gotta say your bringing back memories though. Some years ago i went with a friend and his dad to Decatur, i wound up meeting some chick like an hour after we got there,and spending the weekend at her place partying. Ahh the good times and memories. Anyhow sorry, just late and reminiscing, back on topic, make sure to watch for them deer in the morning and evenings too.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:31 AM
Ironmang

Thanks TK... and it's all good, no worries I'll definitely be on the lookout for deer.... they're EVERYWHERE around here!! Just tonight, I was at my buddy Jereds house until about 11:30... as I was leaving he told me to be careful and watch out for deer (it's a 35 mile ride home from his house). I'm going down the highway about 75 mph, and out of nowhere there's a freakin deer just standing in the grass right next to the road. Definitely got my heartrate going for sure! hahah A couple months ago right on my road going to my house, 4 of them ran across the road about 100 feet in front of me. Luckily I wasn't going that fast and they all passed before I got toooo close. Deer is one of my biggest fears riding around at night in this area... it's all wooded country roads, and I live out in the sticks!

Old 08-29-2008, 12:51 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Have you ever considered mounting up a deer whistle or 2 under the nose or something? I know i have thought about it a lot, just never think to.

Old 08-29-2008, 01:14 AM
VP

Jared give me a shout on your way back down... I should be off Sunday thru Tuesday (possibly have to go in Monday).

Old 08-29-2008, 07:21 AM
Ironmang

TK.... never even thought about those before. If they work though, might have to look into it

Andrew... I'll definitely give you a call on my way back through. It'll probably be evening sometime by the time I get back here

Old 08-29-2008, 12:49 PM
Ironmang

Bumpity bump.... nobody at all?? Damn I was hoping there would be somebody along the way....

Old 08-29-2008, 01:17 PM

sorry to bring the bad news...but....http://advance.uconn.edu/2002/021118/02111812.htm

Old 08-29-2008, 02:04 PM
Default RE: I'm going on a roadtrip this week

if you want to jog over to dayton ohio, we'll be riding out there and partying at night.

Old 08-30-2008, 05:03 AM
Ironmang
Default RE: I'

ORIGINAL: Hcstreetriding

if you want to jog over to dayton ohio, we'll be riding out there and partying at night.
Ahhh I wish I could, but I'm on some time constraints so I can't veer off the planned route too much.

Anyways, 6:00 am and I'm headed out the door now... ready for fun filled day of 700 miles of superslab [&:] LOL Wish me luck! I'll post up when I get up there tonight....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I'm going on a roadtrip this weekend....(anybody want to meet up??)