Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Im going to Mardi Gras on Friday!!

Old 03-01-2011, 07:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im going to Mardi Gras on Friday!!

just booked my hotel last night 4 blocks from Bourbon st. Any one ever been there before have anything to share about the festival? I really have no idea what to expect while im down there haha

Me and two of my friends are driving 1550 miles from Boston in my silverado on friday so the party starts sat night.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:53 PM

First thing to do: Drink your face off
Second thing to do: Remember to bring camera so you can remember when you wake up the next day.
Third thing to do: Bring lots of beads, apparently they get you a show
Fourth thing to do: Don't be stingy and post lots of pictures of your fun times on CBRF

Old 03-01-2011, 01:09 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dont do anything stupid as you will be arrested in a heart beat. Dont bring a lady with you and carry your money in your front pocket. Its pretty fun but depending on how crowded it is you will have one helluva time getting into places.

Also bring only really cool looking beads. The plain color ones wont get you anything. The more stunna beads you have the better show you will get. haha

Old 03-01-2011, 02:26 PM

aww you lucky bastard. have a blast for me^^

Old 03-01-2011, 06:50 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been there several times, what to expect:

Mass effin chaos. Revel in it. Embrace it.

Don't **** off any cops.

More importantly don't **** off any bouncers. They kick your *** then hand you to the above-mentioned cops. And the cops don't care.

Everywhere there is a crowd - middle of the street, waiting in line, in the bar, on the sidewalk. Have a rally-point figured out if everyone gets separated, I know it sounds like a jr-high rule, but it saves time, and you can't hear your cellphone in the crowd.

Carry cash - gotta pay covercharges somehow, and there's not atm at the door. ATMs you do find are either out of service or $5 or more on transaction fees, sometimes with silly high minimum withdrawals. You'll move around, so covercharges will add up. If you find somewhere that doesn't charge cover, that means they're prolly charging to use the bathroom instead. One place made you buy a $5 24oz beer in order to use the bathroom. Frakkin brilliant marketing!!! You kept on coming back again and again.

Don't **** in an alley or sidestreet without a spotter - cops see you, you're screwed. Like locked up, screwed, for of all things "public indecency". Nearly anything goes on Bourbon, but you turn a corner, you're out of bounds, and in their ballpark. Cops on horses and bikes are actually pretty stealthy.

The rainbow flags closer to the end of Bourbon mean what you think they mean. Make your drinking establishment choices knowing this.

Walk everywhere, don't bother trying to drive.

Oh, and my wife adds, no sandals anywhere near bourbon, and honestly wear shoes you don't care about, cause there's no telling WTH you just stepped in.

Oh, and my #1 -just cause there's boobies, does NOT mean that's a chick.

Old 03-01-2011, 07:28 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by adrenalnjunky

Don't **** off any cops.

More importantly don't **** off any bouncers. They kick your *** then hand you to the above-mentioned cops. And the cops don't care.

Everywhere there is a crowd - middle of the street, waiting in line, in the bar, on the sidewalk. Have a rally-point figured out if everyone gets separated, I know it sounds like a jr-high rule, but it saves time, and you can't hear your cellphone in the crowd.

Carry cash - gotta pay covercharges somehow, and there's not atm at the door. ATMs you do find are either out of service or $5 or more on transaction fees, sometimes with silly high minimum withdrawals. You'll move around, so covercharges will add up. If you find somewhere that doesn't charge cover, that means they're prolly charging to use the bathroom instead. One place made you buy a $5 24oz beer in order to use the bathroom. Frakkin brilliant marketing!!! You kept on coming back again and again.

Don't **** in an alley or sidestreet without a spotter - cops see you, you're screwed. Like locked up, screwed, for of all things "public indecency". Nearly anything goes on Bourbon, but you turn a corner, you're out of bounds, and in their ballpark. Cops on horses and bikes are actually pretty stealthy.

The rainbow flags closer to the end of Bourbon mean what you think they mean. Make your drinking establishment choices knowing this.

Oh, and my wife adds, no sandals anywhere near bourbon, and honestly wear shoes you don't care about, cause there's no telling WTH you just stepped in.

Haha this should be a sticky for all Mardi Gras goers. lol

Old 03-02-2011, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by adrenalnjunky

Don't **** off any cops.

haha yess this is why i posted in the off topic. Very helpful info man i appreciate it. I was goin down there with just credit and debit now i know!

Old 03-09-2011, 01:29 AM

took down the other pic. ill post an album somwhere on the web later of all the pics

Old 03-09-2011, 04:29 PM

Looooking forward to the T+A photos. Not gonna lie.