Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I'm back

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 09:17 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I'm back

Hey everyone how's it going? I know I've been gone for a few months and I have lurked around a little when I have free time but that isn't too often right now. So I wanted to give you a update since I've been doing a lot. So to start I left Louisiana in mid November to come to Mississippi for additional training before I reassign to Fort Bliss in El Paso. I brought my bike to MS and had my wife drive the stuff I needed down to me so for a few weeks I was able to enjoy some nice coast riding. I was able to go back to Austin for X-mas and I rode my bike from Biloxi, MS to Shreveport, LA with a 50lb backpack(clothes and other items since I had to check out of my hotel) pictures below.

The next day I then Rode from Shreveport, LA to Austin Texas and my wife was able to put my stuff in her car. The first trip only rained about 100 miles but the second trip it rained the entire time and the temp was in the mid to high 30s. It was 110% miserable. My water proof gloves WERE NOT waterproof neither was my Military Issued Parka. I was soaked to the core and it was horrible. Anyways when in Austin I bought my wife a new(used) 2011 Mustang and I also got new tires on my bike and ACTUAL RAIN GEAR. From pants, jacket cover and boot covers.

A few days before I had to drive the 576 miles back I decided it would be best to take my wife's old car back to MS so I didn't destroy my new tires with a 50LB back pack doing nothing but Interstate driving. So I left my bike at my step dads and he has been starting it up every weekend and our good neighbor who rides has taken it out a few times to get everything in the bike moving. I wasn't supposed to be here right now and I would have graduated Feb 14th but I was washed back due to a failure on a test. It was an electro optical sensor and weather impacts test and I missed the stupidest question but owell. Well that pushed my graduation date to March 14th so it's getting close. I can't wait to get on my bike again but that'll be April 4th-5th before I see her again. It's been horrible driving a car every day.

Anyways that's why I haven't been on in a few months and ill start showing up more once I'm back home and have some time to lurk around. The good news is I've been getting per diem the entire time I've been here. I'm sure all you military folks out there know that Per Diem is actually pronounced $$$KA-CHING$$$. So once I'm done with the entire moving process I should make a pretty penny which will go into a new chain/sprocket, and some new fairings and if there is enough left over maybe a new AR. Well that pretty much wraps up my past few months. How is everyone here and Hello to all the new
Members.

I also had my Xbox in here as well just not in the picture.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good to hear you again man!! That's a huge backpack and i also know about rainy trips... Good luck in your graduation....

Old 03-09-2012, 05:30 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

glad to see you back on again, i bet that backpack was awkward as hell

Last edited by Conrice; 03-09-2012 at 05:33 PM.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Conrice
glad to see you back on again, i bet that backpack was awkward as hell
Italy a really good bag so it wasnt bad but being on the bike was horrid and the wind pushing it was worse. Those were the 2 worst long rides I've ever had. Haha

Old 03-09-2012, 06:36 PM
August 2011 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome back, fenatic !!

Old 03-09-2012, 09:13 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Soldier On! Hooah!