Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

if there was ever a time to give up....

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 02:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: if there was ever a time to give up....

All i can say is that if you leave the everyday riding, you will be miserable... so just don't and keep getting better at it.

Remember that's what is called experience...[8D]

Old 09-08-2008, 02:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shyt happens jay. Reflect to see if it may have been an error on your part that you can correct. May been crappy OEM tires and/or paint like ya said. May been a tar snake, who knows. You have to decide tho how much you love n enjoy riding or not to give it up or not tho. Me, I couldnt do it.

Old 09-08-2008, 02:32 PM

man im really sorry jay, i can just imagine how bummed you are.....think before you do anything rash (no pun intended)

Old 09-08-2008, 03:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

any suggestions on where to get oem parts? most places i check dont have '08 stuff or my vin# isnt an option to choose from.

Old 09-08-2008, 03:13 PM

if ya give up riding, i'll take care of your rides for ya

Old 09-08-2008, 03:13 PM

ORIGINAL: jaynd

any suggestions on where to get oem parts? most places i check dont have '08 stuff or my vin# isnt an option to choose from.
like what?? hard parts 07's should work. I think 07 fairings will work also but not sure if the paint scheme was avail in 07.

but for places:
http://ronayers.com

or

http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/pages...d/7/Honda.aspx

Old 09-08-2008, 03:26 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

There is a risk every time you hit the starter, it's just part of the sport of riding. I'm sorry you crashed but to say it wasn't your fault and there were no factors other then you riding is kinda silly. either you didnt check your air pressure in the tires, or something was wrong with them and your pre ride check didnt see it "if you did one" or there was something you missed in the road, If you are the only person involved it's your fault.

having said that I'm really sorry to hear that, When I bought my 05 F4i brand new I rode it up a ramp into the back of my truck to transport it from Houston to Dallas and got halfway up then stoped and fell off the ramp and the bike. rashed teh tail tank and a bunch of other crap and I had had the bike for 3 weeks!

it sucks but once you fix most of the things wrong you'll feel worlds better. Also it helps knowing it was only your fault and not someone elses. it's easier to forgive yourself then someone else who hits/ makes you crash.

Old 09-08-2008, 03:56 PM
Retired Moderator

Take your time to collect your thoughts. I can only imagine how you must feel. Hell, I have been down for a month because I can't afford a rear tire (got another nail), and that is bad enough. I remember when my wife hit me, I was so depressed. You will feel better and better a little bit everyday, but it will take some time. Allow yourself that.

Old 09-08-2008, 04:42 PM

One of my friends wrecked the other day, he is a good rider and i was expecting a crazy story out of him considering how he rides.

he hit a patch of wet pine needles in his apartment complex going 20mph.

random **** happens, get back on that horse and keep going.

Old 09-08-2008, 05:28 PM

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl
I remember when my wife hit me with backhand and knocked me out, I was so depressed.
I hear your pain Jaynd. Rash of bad luck in a short period of time.

I had 2 accidents within 8 days of each other. A 7 yr old girl asked her mom...why does he still ride after having 2 accidents? My answer to this query is that I will continue to ride because I enjoy it. I will not let fear govern whether or not I ride, but I will let it govern how I ride. I will stop riding only because I have no longer have the desire or some other higher purpose.

Now, I personally don't care much how my bike looks...though I didn't have a new RR either. I just care if it's still structurally and mechanically sound. As for the depression...it's pretty much normal in your situation. There is a lot of doubt on your personal skill. You will be more cautious around those bends or any bends that look similar to it. That is a good thing. You lived to tell about it. You lived to learn a lesson. You lived to discover that you are not invincible. Besides **** comes in threes.

I had similar issues in work, driving or just about anything and everything I did in my life. I make mistakes. I learn what I can from them. Apply my lessons and move on. I look back and never regret the mistakes. They make me a better person in the long run.

Quick Reply: if there was ever a time to give up....