Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

idiot in bmw crushed my helmet!!!! AHH!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 03:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default idiot in bmw crushed my helmet!!!! AHH!!

well i was workin the parking lot and directing traffic at firebird raceway in chandler arizona last saturday and i set my helmet on sumthing that i know everyone can see.. A HUGE 4 FT TALL PLASTIC MARKER! and it was completely off to the side of traffic and anything that could pose a threat to knocking it off.. well the imposible happend.. some idiot in a BMW decides he wants to keep backing out of his parking space into the next demension(literly like 4 car lengths) and clips the marker and runs over my helmet!!!!! AHH!!! my picotte race replica is now history!! well i got his number and his name and i thought i would think about how to work it out over the next few days.. i thought i would be nice and split the cost of a new one 50/50 sence it was partialy my fault for putting it there. well i tried calling him the following monday... no answer.. so i left a friendly message saying to give me a call back when ever possible. (didnt call back) and today is wensday.. well after i called him today and got no answer i thought i would go in detective mode.. (i love google) all i did was type in his phone number and i got ALL of his info! full name,address, work phone, everything! after i found this info i left a nice message stating his full name and his address.. he calls back within about 45 min asking how he can get the money to me..

in case your woundering why i dont lock my hemet to my bike... last time i did that some ******* decided he wanted to pour coke in my helmet..[:@]

to tell ya the truth im kind of glad this happend cause he didnt crack the helmet. all he did was scratch it up REALLY bad.. so i think im going to paint it flat black to match my bike... and i get $200 outa the deal..

Old 10-19-2006, 03:28 AM
Retired Administrator
Default RE: idiot in bmw crushed my helmet!!!! AHH!!

Sounds like bad luck follows you.

Still, with only scratches... I'd worry about invisible cracks and damage I can't see.

Put it on a shelf and make up a story about that really bad crash you were in that you were lucky to walk away from…

Old 10-19-2006, 04:18 AM

That sucks!
Don't ever use that helmet, even if it looks ok on the outside like he said ^ If it was run over by the car then all of the foam is compressed rendering it hard as a rock inside and useless.

Old 10-19-2006, 09:33 AM

1)get his addresss via phone number or name www.whitepages.com
2)steal his rims off his bmr
3)sell them on ebay
4)buy a new helmet?

Old 10-19-2006, 12:10 PM
Retired Moderator

I agree with those above. Your head is priceless cargo, Spidey, so get a new helmet because you can't be certain. I love the detective angle, I guess you got that little yuppy's heart a-pounding...good work!

Old 10-19-2006, 12:11 PM

HAHAHAHAHA that would be awesome the take his wheels. Yeah don't try to pocket the money, get a new helmet.

Old 10-19-2006, 12:43 PM

I think the helmet would be better placed about dead center of his windshield. Lil thank you gift for trying to give you the slip.

Old 10-19-2006, 01:36 PM

ya im probably going to get the RF-1000 picotte replica.. there on ebay for 389...

Old 10-19-2006, 01:52 PM

Celebrate when the money arrives. Many will claim to be sending it your way just to get you off their back. The proof is when there is cash in hand.

Old 10-19-2006, 04:04 PM
Retired Administrator

ORIGINAL: FATHEADS1KRR

I think the helmet would be better placed about dead center of his windshield. Lil thank you gift for trying to give you the slip.
My kind of man...

Quick Reply: idiot in bmw crushed my helmet!!!! AHH!!