Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Ideas for eliminating Ins. Co.'s

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 10:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ideas for eliminating Ins. Co.'s

So basically you want to do what private insurance companies are doing who actually have to compete with each other and then give the government a monopoly who doesn't have to compete?

I have a 1996 CBR600 F3 that is paid off. With 1 ticket(16 over) and 1 stop sign (On top o being23 years old andnot married)I pay $300 a yearwith 25/25/100 medical. Not bad at all considering I can go 150mph if I want to.

If you have a Litre bike you are making payments on and are paying full insurance then yes it's going to be expensive. If that is a real problem then the best thing to do is swallow your pride and go older and paid for and even less power.

You can't ever beat the free market. And even though it may seem like crap now. Wait until the government gets it's hands on it and it becomes a political platform where you have politicians trying to bring home the bacon for their voters. People will get screwed. And oh yeah. If you wreck your bike how easy do you think it will be getting your money from the government?

P.S. Will someone with a 1987 Nighthawk 250 and 2 speeding tickets be paying as much as someone with a 2007 CBR1000rr and 2 speeding tickets?

And discremenation in the private sector/personal lives is not the governments business. If someone doesn't want a certain people in their business. Then fine it's their decision and they can live with the consequences or benefits of their actions.

Freedom Baby it's a Groovy Thing

Old 12-26-2007, 11:27 PM

There is nothing wrong with insurance, it runs just fine. We just pay to much for stupid things that raise our premium.

Oh also. It costs way more for you to buy every nut and bolt and part and build a car from scratch than it does for you to buy the whole car from the dealership. So putting the cost of a vehicle back to pay for accidents wouldnt be enough.

Old 12-27-2007, 01:22 AM

I'll be quick and to the point, of some of your heads.

1. Instead of insurance based on information after you have had an accident, base it on what you do before.

The tests in the U.S. need to be much more thorough, much more relevant and much more in depth.

Not only slow childish tests in slow residential neighborhoods, but also highway, farm road, and then a simulator to simulate
surprise incidents.

Notice I said simulator...as in video footage tested gainst reaction times.

Cars suddeny cuttiing in front of you. Tailgaters, kids running after mis-kicked soccer *****.
Soccer moms being kicked out to the street for yapping on cell phones about meeting at Nordstrom's after Timmy's little
soccer game.

Then a quick sign and also a psychological test about emotions when another driver does this how do you feel, vs. how
do you react.

2. How about planning NOT to wreck first. 95% of accidents don't just happen they are a sum total of small defects in
managing your car, mind, body, as you drive.

At Asmittie

3. You have way more tickets than me in one year than Ihave had in the last 7. 150?!!!
Is that the goal for next year?

4.More education, less airbags.

5. Make everyone put at least 1,000 miles a year on a small 250cc motorcycle for the first 3 years, (rough figure)
of their driving.

Good drivers will survive and get their license, both C and M.

Bad drivers won't be here to get any license. And the number would drop as people learned just how serious being on the road
is. Not how seriously more expensive one company is over another when they have a wreck.

Safer roads overall.

It should take you longer to take a driver's test than it does to stand in the line to actually get one.

Old 12-27-2007, 07:55 AM

Insureance is what it is-deal with it and shop around, that's whatI had to do when I got the F4 andI saved $300.00 with in an hour.

Let's face it-it cost alot to live and the more toys we get the more it's gonig to cost so half the time we make our own debt.

Old 12-27-2007, 01:13 PM
CBRF 2009 AOTY !!

ORIGINAL: Bumble Bee

I think we still need insurance, but it needs revised like Fox said. Insureance is the only industry where desrimination is legal.
Insurance is the biggest racket in the U.S. Banks go under everyday, you'll never see an insurance co. go broke. HMMM
I believe everyone should have to have it, but the government needs to do a complete overhaul. They seem to make their own rules, no matter what age, gender, or geographical area you are. Some companies even do a credit check and depending on your credit they set your rate. What a crock of ****! If Joe Blow gets laid off, can't find a job for 3 months, fallsbehind on his bills,his insurance goes up or even gets cancelled? BS!!! JUst because someone has some finacial woes doesn't mean they can't drive.

If I remember right, there wassomeone running for California govenor a few years back that proposed aten cent gas tax and everyone was insured. Never heard anymore about it though.I think it would be great, I live in Texas and illegals cause numorous accidents everyday here. They have no insurance and you are screwed if you get hit by one. The gas tax would fix that problem.

Here is my personal insurance story. When I bought my bike I was under 25 with no tickets and my payments were $175 a month with Dairyland. I dropped the bike doing about 10mph(I know, 10mph! it was on a dirt road to my house just after it had rained). This happened after I had made 31 payments at $175 a month. Thats $5,425 ( the bike only cost $6200). The total damage was $736. They fixed it and everything was fine, Dairyland continued to cover me without increasing my rate.I continued with the insurance untill the bike was paid off at about $130 a month. The total I paid to Dairyland was about $9195. They paid out $736 for the one claim. I dropped the insurance as I was breaking the bike down to start a custom. About 6 months later I was finished and needed to get it insured again. I called Dairyland and they denied to carry me because I had 1 claim 2 years prior for $736(after I had paid them almost $10,000). I was outraged! I then called Progressive and they quoted me $32 a month for full coverage. THANK YOU DAIRYLAND FOR BEING DUMB *** ******! You saved me a ton.

DAIRYLAND SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-27-2007, 01:29 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: rvizzle

What fund is going to pay for the medical when someone decides to sue for your incompentance. (or death)
My point exactly.

a (b) / c = x

A) Number of drivers on the road in a given year

B)tax onfuel purchased by said drivers in a given year

C) number of claimsin a givenyear

X) is more than likely going to be much higher than the sum of A (B) so a tax simply would not work. But it sure does sound nice.

And who the hell said anything about about a Civic hitting another Civic?

Old 12-27-2007, 02:17 PM
CBRF 2009 AOTY !!

I'm not saying a tax will cover everything, I'm saying to cover damages caused by low-life jackasses that don't have enough respect for others to carry insurance. I should not have to buy "uninsured motorist" coverage. Or even better, "gap insurance." Gap insurance works, but it is a crock of ****. Just another way for the ins. co. to make money. You should already be covered for the full payoff amount without having to purchase additional "gap" insurance. You show me an insurance companies, I show you a shyster.

Old 12-27-2007, 03:45 PM

Progressive is the cheapest on bike insurance I could find. I have NationWide for both my car and truck and they have been great over the last 13 years, but they were $300.00 more then progressive for the same coverage on my bike. I'm almost 30 and have a clean driving record and NW still wanted to bend me over big time. I should see a drop when I turn 30 as long as I can be for for the next month and a half.

Old 12-27-2007, 05:05 PM

Okay people. Think really hard. When is the last time you looked at a government operation (From your local Government Shovel Jock to the White House) and said "Damn. They really did a good job with that."?

Never. Nothing runs smoothly by the government. The only thing and I mean the 1 and only thing that our government(Or any government for that matter) does is destroy stuff. Which is why our Military is so affective. Other than that everything is surrounded by big beuracratic tape.

Look at it this way. In Canada you have "Free" health insurance. But the system is flawed enough that the RICH(Which everyone hates) go to New York just to get MRIs and to pay it out of their pocket. For non-emergency MRIs and CAT scans in Free Healthcare countries the wait I think averages 6months. If I wanted to I could go out and have a CT scan done in probably an hour or two of me leaving my house. And if I don't have the money they'll set up a payment plan too. That is through PRIVATE companies.

And government regulation of insurance doesn't help. The government has requirments for insurance companies. Such as your plan has to have basic doctor visits covered. You can't just get a plan where you pay for major health problems (Such as Major Surgery or expensive treatments). So that raises your rates up while the company tries to make a profit and compete with others.

NO TO GOVERNMENT CONTROLLED INSURANCE