Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I WON THE FOOK'N LOTTERY!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 04:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I WON THE ****'N LOTTERY!!!!!

with 4 mils...i'd buy a warehouse full of bikes...

Old 09-20-2007, 05:31 PM

ORIGINAL: Northernfirepower

4 Million bucks! Even if it was only 2 mill after taxes I'd go back to school full time to get a degree and then find a nice place to buy with cash. Invest the rest except for maybe enough to buy some nice acerage up north to have in the family forever to preserve.
same here...but i would buy land south NC/SC, VA, FL or maybe even north like WI or MI...but where ever it has to be near water

Old 09-20-2007, 05:36 PM

ha 4million, shoot id buy a beater truck and build it just to jump **** with, and build a log cabin house a big off shore racing type boat, and a 4door mega cab dodge 2500 and id be content.

Old 09-20-2007, 05:39 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

haha ok, but HOW THE HELL CAN YOU REFUSE 4MILLION DOLLARS?!?!?!?!

that man is insane

Old 09-20-2007, 05:48 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

refusing it IS crazy ... at least donate it all to a worthwhile cause or something but then again after reading all the reports of the winners lives going down the toilet who knows maybe he's smarter than all of us .. if he really wanted to get people scratching their heads he should've accepted it and turned right around and donated all of it to Bill Gates or something

Old 09-20-2007, 07:41 PM

I live in a small town and i did a job installing internet at this guys place i had no clue th the guy just won 375000 bucks after taxes on a scratch off, He told me the story the guy had 20 bucks to his name until pay the week after. After i found this out i asked him what he spent his money on, Harley road king and bike for the old lady and 2 used cars for his kids and payed the rest of his bills off, he only spent around 45000 he said and then put the rest in investments and finacial stuff. He is like 53 and just good ****, must of had maybe 8 beers with the guy and just bull**** with the guy. I ended up talking the guy into getting a new number for he said between 2-6 am his house and cell phone just ring non stop.

How can you refuse 4 mill i would bite someones ear off for 1 mill wait tyson beat me to it. lol

Old 09-20-2007, 07:47 PM

ORIGINAL: Frizzle

If you win the lottery

1st get a Lawyer
2nd get a financial adviser
3rd go out and buy a new cell phone, disconnect your old phone
4th buy a PO BOX n have your important mail sent there.
5th keep it on the DL as much as possible
6th don't buy tons of expensive items before you get your cash.
your a smart man... i didnt think of the PO idea.

Old 09-20-2007, 07:54 PM

ORIGINAL: woo545

People who tend to win the lottery end up having people coming out of the woodwork looking for hand-outs, relatives and supposed relatives alike. They tend to get robbed...frequently. Plus a ton of trumped up law suits. I myself wouldn't mind winning the money...but how to keep a low profile on something so public. idk.
I read an article about psyciastrists that specialize in folks who come into some serious cash. At first, youd think, what the hell could be the problem, but as you mentioned, folks come out of the woodwork, I mean, here you are with more money than you know what to do with, and some poor mom comes to you for little johnnies heart medications that she can't afford, it's a drop in the bucket for you, so what do you do????? Problem is, dozens of people come at you pullin on your hearts strings, and those winners usualy go broke MC Hammer style. Think if you won a million bucks. In theory you could put that in the bank, leave it alone and draw a crappy 3-4% interest on it. Well 3 or so interest on most folks account isn't much, but 3% on a million is what, an extra 30K a year, and thats not touching the principle. I dunno. But if I won the lottery, I'd set up anyone that ever meant a **** to me, from family to old teachers and a few really good friends and others that are just good people. It's a short list though. I kind of admire the guy for his resolution and ability to refuse jumping on the greed wagon. Seems like a down to earth, wise old guy. Allot of things are about the point of the matter, and to some it means more than money, apparantly he is one of them.