Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I think I'm going crazy...sirens???

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 08:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think I'm going crazy...sirens???

Hey all, I dont know if the same thing happens to you but when I ride my bike anywhere, I have to keep gazing in my mirrors cuz I keep on hearing sirens as if the popo is chasing me or something. Im not speeding at all and the wind in my helmet is fine.

Hmmmm....

Old 08-18-2008, 08:33 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: I think I'm going crazy...sirens???

I hope its not a form of tinitus you are getting ... honestly you guys really need to wear ear plugs!!

Wind blast makes you go deaf, seriously do some research here, some helmets are better than others but my own Arai is terrible ..if I dont wear plugs then a couple of hours in the saddle has me feeling headachey ..wind roar is at a much higher decibel rate than people think and over time bikers who ride a lot without protection suffer hearing problems ...

Also since I started using ear plugs its amazing how much more comfortable and relaxed riding feels with the harshness of the wind and the engine dulled off ...

Jules

Old 08-18-2008, 08:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NUTS...I just ordered a $600 Arai. Damn it.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:42 AM

ORIGINAL: Juliet

Wind blast makes you go deaf, seriously do some research here, some helmets are better than others but my own Arai is terrible ..if I dont wear plugs then a couple of hours in the saddle has me feeling headachey ..wind roar is at a much higher decibel rate than people think and over time bikers who ride a lot without protection suffer hearing problems ...

Also since I started using ear plugs its amazing how much more comfortable and relaxed riding feels with the harshness of the wind and the engine dulled off ...

Jules

Very true.... My last helmet was real bad, I had to wear plugs or I would hear a ringing for hours after I quit riding. I got a new scorpion helmet and the noise is way less, I dont wear plugs anymore and no more ringing. Rushing air is listed as the #1 noise that if exposed to causes deafness.........

Old 08-18-2008, 08:43 AM

I wear an Arai also, but your gonna hear the wind regardless of which helmet you wear

I use earplugs too, a much more pleasant ride, ive already lost hearing due to lawnmowers, weed-eaters, chain saws, etc. so i wear ear plugs whenever something is relatively loud, even when im in the car w/the gf blasting the music, i put ear plugs in

Old 08-18-2008, 08:44 AM

Oh...I check my my mirrors all the time to make sure I don't have someone riding my *** or to make sure I didn't have a cop sneak up on me.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:45 AM

Yeah I totally ride with earplugs now. Once I was riding on the highway and traffic was moving quite fast (I was a little faster ), and I just rode past an on-ramp, the traffic started to group together and I could see that I was going to get boxed in so I opened up the throttle and blasted through in an evasive maneuver. I jolted up to 180km/h and then back down to an easy 120km/h. I wasnt wearing my plugs that day, and due to that speed my eardrums felt a bit numb from the wind noise. After that I got myself a pair of earplugs.

Guess its just me, cuz I still have the feeling that the law is tailing me. Guess the fear will save me from speeding fines or possible license suspension. Been riding solid for 1 year now and no fines (touch wood!!), I plan to keep it that way.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:47 AM

Yeah, i think you are just going crazy bro. I heard the voices for a while and then the sirens , then they adjusted my meds and its all good now.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:47 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: woo545

Dont worry about it Nick ..Arai are good helmets and some are just noisier than others .. my own an Arai astral is known to be a nosiy one ..I didnt know at the time but its no worries because I wear those soft ear plugs ..the foam disposable ..

I just cant stress enough about ear protection when riding ..

Jules

Old 08-18-2008, 08:57 AM

dam jules? u can afford an arai? balla status

My scorpion isnt too bad. I havent worn earplugs yet.

Quick Reply: I think I'm going crazy...sirens???