Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I SHOULD'VE KNOWN...

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007 | 04:07 PM
Default RE: I SHOULD'VE KNOWN...

You can see in the picture that the mounting points were placed in the wrong locations (the spot where they broke off from is clear in the picture). And yeah. He has a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Why did you leave negative feedback w/out trying to contact him? Did you not read the whole listing before you purchased it?

Old 02-16-2007 | 04:40 PM
VP

it says guaranteed good... use that in your argument

Old 02-16-2007 | 06:58 PM

I hate to say it, but sounds like you jumped the gun on leaving the negative feedback without checking to see what you could work out with him. If I were just looking at this without knowing anything other than reading the auction listing and the feedbacks, I'd assume you were just a noob and didn't know what you were doing. I would probably side with the seller in my judgement of whether to purchase from them or not.

That being said, try contacting them with an open mind and see what you guys can work out. You can both mutually agree to withdraw your feedbacks if something amicable can be worked out.

It's worth a shot. You can't be in any worse shape than you are right now.

Old 02-17-2007 | 03:52 AM

So, I called the company first thing this morning. IN A GIST--- They were totally OK with returning the product!!! The guy told me that the item is as its listed. I then informed him that "Yes, the item description does say 'scratches on one side (see photos).' " I then let him know that the "one side" that had the scratches was NOT photogaphed and put in the ad. He checked their ad, and noticed what I said. He apologized, offered to refund my purchase, and pay for shipping to get the fairing back to him. I let him know that I still would have probably bid on the fairing itself had those otherpictures been on there (I just would have BID on it though, not bought it outright).

Looking at the fairing again this morning I realized that although it's NOT perfect I'd still like to fix the tabs and use it. The rest of my plastics are all screwed up now anyway. So, this fairing will complement the rest of the bike.

I'm going to call the company Monday, and see if they want to just give me a better deal on the fairing- instead of paying for return shipping and relisting fees on Ebay, etc.

Regaurdless- I'm going to withdrawel the negative feedback I left on his account after this transaction is through. I left this negative feedbackwithout thinking and without contacting the company. It was late when I opened the box, I was tired, and then when I saw all the surprises-I flipped.

Old 02-17-2007 | 03:58 AM

[blockquote]quote:

Lousy ebayer. Leaves negative without any contact to fix the problem.[/blockquote]

anyways i like your ebay score
matty0724( -1)

Like I stated earlier---I HATE EBAY! I'm not on it to "have a great score." I'm on it to be honest and fair; totry and get some parts I need for my CBR!!! AND the company APOLOGIZED TO ME FOR THEIR MISTAKE.

***NOT TO MENTION (I forgot to post this in the original posting)*** When I called them to buy this via CC over the phone; I asked the sales guy if what I saw was what I was getting.

Old 02-17-2007 | 04:15 AM

ORIGINAL: mattyrides07

[blockquote]quote:

Lousy ebayer. Leaves negative without any contact to fix the problem.[/blockquote]

anyways i like your ebay score
matty0724( -1)

Like I stated earlier---I HATE EBAY! I'm not on it to "have a great score." I'm on it to be honest and fair; totry and get some parts I need for my CBR!!! AND the company APOLOGIZED TO ME FOR THEIR MISTAKE.

***NOT TO MENTION (I forgot to post this in the original posting)*** When I called them to buy this via CC over the phone; I asked the sales guy if what I saw was what I was getting.
I happen to like ebay; I haven't had a problem with it

Old 02-17-2007 | 05:51 PM

Sorry to hear your problem... but try to call this guys if you are intrested... http://www.grasshoppercustompaint.co...783f80d2ac00d8

[sm=smiley16.gif]

Old 02-17-2007 | 06:20 PM

E-Bay rocks, I buy and sell a lot. Never been ripped off.

I'm one of them *smart* ebayers. I actually contact the sellers and ask a lot of questions before I buy anything. Works wonders.

I'm glad you're removing the negative feedback cuz that was a sh!tty thing to do.

Old 02-19-2007 | 06:40 PM

quote:
I'm one of them *smart* ebayers. I actually contact the sellers and ask a lot of questions before I buy anything. Works wonders.

I'm glad you're removing the negative feedback cuz that was a sh!tty thing to do.

I talked with the guy that works there again today. He asked me how much I'd be willing to pay for it to keep it AND remove the feedback. Thinking that wewere going to be negotiating I shot low with a "$145" offer. He then said, "OkAY. I'll credit you now the difference."

Sweet, huh? I told him as soon as I get the credit I'll remove the negative feedback I left.

***AGAIN*** I DID CALL THE EBAY'ER AND ASKED HIM IF WHAT WAS PICTURED WASWHAT I WAS GETTING. HE SAID, "Yes." ONLY THE SIDE THAT WAS DAMAGED WAS NOT PICTURED. (The companies Ebay guy is NOT the mechanic. When I called him about the producthe did NOT remember the scratches/abrasions since he was only looking at the Ebay listing himself.)

Old 02-19-2007 | 08:15 PM

It always pays to contact the other party first before leaving your feedback if you aren't happy. At least give them the chance. If they still don't, then you have even more info to label them as a bad seller/buyer.

That's not just with ebay either... any vendor you purchase items from.