Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I SHOULD'VE KNOWN...

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007 | 12:01 AM
Default I SHOULD'VE KNOWN...

... I GOT RIPPED OFF ON EBAY!!! I never had an Ebay account until I crashed my CBR and I knew I'd need to be replacing parts. I've only seen BAD things from being in the bicycle shop, and how people got ripped off ALL the time (that's why I stayed away).

This is what was listed:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=020&sspagename=S TRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=30007957479 6&rd=1,1

Did you notice the nice white "cloud-like" things around the fairing?

After receiving this this is what I got:
A FRONT FAIRING THAT WAS FROM A WRECKED MOTORCYCLE!!!! (I already have one of these)
The whole right side (which was convenently NOT shown) was "scratched."

The "scratch" is the WHOLE right side with gouges in it, CHIPS taken out of the air induct, minor scratches on the front of it, and the windshield is ALMOST as bad as the one I have now.

Oh, but I forgot to mention the fact about the tabs that were "broken off" (that I thought I was going to have to repair) was already repaired for me.---TOO BAD THEY'RE IN THE WRONG SPOT!!!!!

Old 02-16-2007 | 12:13 AM
Default RE: I SHOULD'VE KNOWN...

that totally sucks. I never get any plastics from ebay unless they have a return policy. I ratherspend the $ to make sure it's the right stuff and nothing is wrong with it. Sorry to hear that. I would argue that a "scratch" is not a scratch as it was described..... fales advertisment. You can also dispute that with ebay and see what they say. There is a limited time that youcan do that so check on that.

Old 02-16-2007 | 12:26 AM
Retired Moderator

I can see the scratches in the picture, and he says it has scratches. Doesn't mean it doesn't suck, but they may get you on a loophole, because they anounce it in the description. Good luck. It is a good idea to contact Ebay.

Old 02-16-2007 | 12:29 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

i read the ebay lisitng. it sounds like they will take care of you if your not happy. the person has a good selling history and is a power seller. they also describe that it has scratches , and that the tabs are broken. so i dont know how much re course you will have. good luck

Old 02-16-2007 | 12:34 AM

Actually,if those were the onlyscratches (as VOODOOCHYL saw) I would NOT have a problem. I saw those too. However, the whole right side (which is NOT pictured) is where all the damage is.
They do have a 100% satisfaction guarentee, so we'll see if they end up honoring that.

I knew the tabs were broken- I expected to fix them. Only, they've already been put them back on, and they're off a good inch on both sides.

Old 02-16-2007 | 12:34 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

can you post up some pixs so we can see the damage ?

Old 02-16-2007 | 12:37 AM

Yeah, FOR SURE! I've got my church's small group (at my house) in 20 minutes. After it's over I'll take pics.
I tried earlier, but my batteries died.

Old 02-16-2007 | 12:37 AM
Retired Moderator

'Das right, Matty, let's see what you got. I hope you get your way...or they will suffer the wrath of the Cbr forum...[sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 02-16-2007 | 01:55 AM

Hate to be on opposite side but he stated tabs were broken and there were scratches. And they will return it. You should feel lucky. I bought a new two bros carbon fiber on ebay, sent out the money and never seen it!!! I would rather be in your situation.

Old 02-16-2007 | 06:37 AM

yea it said it was scratched. and he posed that u did not talk to him about it before u left negative feedback. is that true??? u should of talked to him and try to reture it

Lousy ebayer. Leaves negative without any contact to fix the problem.
anyways i like your ebay score
matty0724( -1)