Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I set the bike down!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 03:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I set the bike down!!!

haha dude I dropped my bike the other day. I was backing out from my garage to the sidewalk. My driveway has an angle and slopes downward, so I let it do the work and I steer. I stopped the bike and put my foot down. This is something I do routinely and almost every day only this time I lost my footing. I slipped and the bike went down. Tres embarrassing! I looked around to see if anybody saw and, luckily, I don't think anyone did. Oh well, stuff happens. It's not the worst thing in the world.

Old 10-28-2008, 03:43 AM
Banned

Don't feel so bad. Your baby forgives you.It was only a mirror and if it's munched too bad to fix it's not that expensive to replace. You caught herbefore anythingworse could happen and that is what matters.Stupid stuff like that happens all the time and you just have to laugh about it. You have to ask yourself, if you would've been in the car behind, wouldn'tyou have chuckled a wee bit too?

Old 10-28-2008, 04:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Aweasel

shoulda told the people who laughed to **** off...
Yeah, that'll teach 'em.

Old 10-28-2008, 06:53 AM

ORIGINAL: FLYOU

welcome to the world of motorcycles! Don't ride em if you can't afford to get laughed it.

Wanna hear a funny story? I'm a HUGE michigan wolverines fan. My bike is Ohio state colors, scarlet and gray (Michigans biggest rival). I rode my bike into the parking lot next to the stadium to tailgate before a game (against utah) and I dropped it in front of a bunch of michigan fans. Scuffed up the fairing pretty good. About 150 people were laughing at me and telling me '**** THE BUCKEYS and **** YOUR BIKE'
'
I've never been so ashamed.
oh man more power to ya cause i would of been swinging.

Old 10-28-2008, 07:14 AM

when I had my TL1000R(stoopid heavy) i went to put the kickstand down and missed it...thus losing my balance and just try to stop a 460 pound bike when you're off balance..this was at work and i was the one to open the gate so everyone was already there waiting...they said it was like watching a slow motion movie as the thing just slowly toppled over despite using every muscle i had to stop it......BANG. busted the clutch lever. thus started a wonderful monday morning......

Old 10-28-2008, 07:23 AM

ORIGINAL: PlayfulGod

drive thru on a bike??? lol
Exactly what I was thinking. Where do you put the food? under the seat? in a pack? lol!

J/k I've done drive-thru before, too. I mean you have to eat.

Old 10-28-2008, 07:28 AM

Never done it, I just go inside.

Old 10-28-2008, 07:31 AM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ahhh don't feel bad... as has been said, it happens to all of us sooner or later. I've done the same thing. A couple years ago I was leaving for work, and had left the bike outside with a disc lock on it. I was running late for work so I was kinda in a hurry, and forgot to take the disc lock off. I started to back up, and remembered it was still on there (it didn't hit anything yet), so I rolled forward a little bit and got off.... COMPLETELY forgot to put the kickstand down. It started leaning to the left, but didn't stop where it usually does on the kickstand..... ohhhh shhhiiitttt!!! PLOP! Down she goes on the left side

Another time, I think last year sometime, I had to go back to my old job to exchange some tools with my buddy there. I pull into the service drive, which is that smooth painted concrete, and they were washing it with the floor scrubber. I pull in and start to do a u-turn, very slowly so I could park on the other side. I'm going all of 1-2 mph with my feet down and everything, and I hit a slick spot where it was still soapy I guess, and I had the wheel turned all the way to the right but it just kept going straight, right into the curb of the sidewalk.... BAM right down on the right side. I tried all I could to hold it up but it wasn't happening. What sucked even more, I tried to pick it up and since the floor was wet, the tires just kept sliding back everytime I tried to pick it up....ugh!! [:@] This is right in the middle of a service drive.... service writers (who all know me) and customers on one side (all glass offices the whole way), and the shop on the other side with a couple people standing there already.... yea that was embarrassing [&:]

BTW I"ve gone through the drive through on my bike before too.... no worries. I used to hit up the Wendys late night drive through all the time.... got some weird looks, lol

Old 10-28-2008, 08:19 AM

Truthfully, if it was me, I would have been laughing at my own stupidity. No use in crying over spilled...umm...bike.Keep in mind, I've dropped my bike enough times not to care so much, as long as it still runs true.

Old 10-28-2008, 09:10 AM

I dropped mine at an intersection the first week I got mine, my shoe lace got stuck on the peg then I stalled and I somehow got my foot loose and caught it, but by the time I caught it, I had to lay it down in order to get it back up. that was a sad day