Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I really really want one of these

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 07:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: I really really want one of these

There's room in my heart for more than one brand of bike. I can name at least 20 I'd have if I had enough room to keep them all safe and happy.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I rode my girlfriend's uncle's speed triple for a run around the block and really liked it. It looked mean too all blacked out.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:30 AM
Banned

I like the looks of that bike, it looks like a motorcycle should. Are they any good as far as reliabilty and need for maintenance?

Old 11-05-2008, 10:43 AM

ORIGINAL: Shadow1

I rode an old Norton Commando across the US, back in the day, Chicago to LA, and across to Galveston, Tx. Never missed a beat.
Gawd, I loved that old bike...........
When were you in the states? and how come your not still here?? LOL

Old 11-05-2008, 11:27 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mid 80's - you were about 3 years old at the time, or I'd have looked you up, Tex !

Old 11-05-2008, 12:33 PM

LOL aight Pete i forgive you, this time! LOL i want to do a big game hunt in Africa....one day ill have the $$$ to make it happen

Old 11-05-2008, 12:54 PM

Shooting criminals trying to rob people is more fun, and cheaper.[X(]
I'll supply weapons and ammo......
Your average safari here costs around $100,000 US, and if you want the big 5 you need to go to Kenya for the most part. If you shot a leopard I'd shoot you myself.
Not worth it IMHO - but then I've grown up with the animals, on two and four legs.We used to bump the Thompson's gazelles out of the way with a Landrover when I was a kid - different now, due to poaching.
Come and visit, and I'll introduce you to the 9 foot black Mamba that lives in my garden shed
( no joke) and keeps the rats and mice in check......[X(][X(]

Old 11-05-2008, 02:42 PM

ORIGINAL: Shadow1

Shooting criminals trying to rob people is more fun, and cheaper.[X(]
I'll supply weapons and ammo......
Your average safari here costs around $100,000 US, and if you want the big 5 you need to go to Kenya for the most part.

Not worth it IMHO - but then I've grown up with the animals, on two and four legs.We used to bump the Thompson's gazelles out of the way with a Landrover when I was a kid - different now, due to poaching.
Come and visit, and I'll introduce you to the 9 foot black Mamba that lives in my garden shed
( no joke) and keeps the rats and mice in check......[X(][X(]

HOLY SNIKIES...maybe ill never have the cash to do a big 5.
I just think it would be awsome to go on a dangerous hunt, and plus i want to see if its really THAT dangerous out there, they make it out like its super dangerous to go on these hunts, camping at night, etc.Pete, i would take that Derringer of yours mate and shoot the Black Mamba, its like one of the deadliest snakes, why do you keep it around?actually id get an AK and Spray and Pray

Old 11-06-2008, 07:36 AM

Nah, Wills, the Mamba and I have an understanding - if I go to the shed, I wait a few seconds, and if he's there he'll pop up and show himself.....he then leaves for a while and I can get on with whatever I need to do.......No one steals anything from the shed, though.[X(]
A dangerous hunt is really something from the past, too, unless you wound a buffalo and have to chase him. Tourism is now so 'protected' that any real danger has been minimised - losing hunters is bad for business, especially at the prices they charge.
You can of course, go wandering around in the bush, but you generally won't find much that wants to eat you........they're all in game reserves in this country. Of course, if you have a death wish, come and visit me, we'll go to the lion park 30 miles up the road, and you can get out of your car to take pics...........I'll fetch what's left of you the next day.....he he.[X(]