Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I need your prayers (rider down)

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 05:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I need your prayers (rider down)

Sorry to hear about your brother, hope he recovers fully and quickly

Old 06-20-2007, 07:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

crap, thats crazy.....glad to hear he's going to be ok and +1 on a speedy recovery!

Old 06-22-2007, 01:25 AM

will pray for him to recover quickly...keep your head up dude

Old 06-22-2007, 01:49 AM
Mad

Sorry to hear that bro. Glad to hear he is going to be OK. Prayer sent for a speedy recovery.

Old 06-22-2007, 01:54 AM

Prayer sent

Old 06-22-2007, 02:01 AM

Update:

Ok, I was finally able to speak with Oreo on the phone.
Thank God his injuries weren't as bad as we thought they were.
He does have 3 broken ribs, and multiple bruises, cuts and scrapes. And it was a sucking chest wound, but the impaled guardraildid not puncture his lung.
The doctors patched him up, and put 2 drainage tubes to drain the exess blood, and air from arround his lung so the lung can expand again.
It seems that he will make a full recovery, but it will take a while, (and he'll be hospitalized at least through the week, at a mininmum)
I told him about all your responses, and he appreciates all the support, and so do I, thank you all. He'll post up, as soon as he is able to get online.

Again, thank you all for your support and well wishes, it was horrible not knowing if my brother was going to be ok.

Old 06-22-2007, 02:26 AM

I will keep your brother, you, and your family in my prayers.

Old 06-22-2007, 06:45 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holy s**t. I talk to him all the time on this forum and on cardomain.com. Hope he makes a full recovery, and I'll definitely be praying for him.

Old 06-22-2007, 05:11 PM

Guys, THANKS SOOOOOO MUCH FOR YOUR PRAYERS. THEY WHERE DEFINITIVELEY HEARD. It has been a crazy 4 days and thank God they have gone smoothly. Updae on the whole sroy, Ill post pictures shortly...

The accident was the stupidest thing in the world, goes o show that you can't be too carefull.I wasn't riding over the speed limit, or doing anything stupid.
I got out of my first job at 3:00 PM and stopped on my way to my second job to get some gas. I pull out of the gas station and stop on the exit to zip up my riding jacket. As I'm pulling up to the on ramp for the freeway (Im on the right lane) I hear someone honk the horn pretty close to me, so I check my rear view mirror, a tha moment I didn't notice that the road sared a slight turn to the left and I was drifting right. I look forward just in time to see the front wheel hit the curve and tip the bike sideways. Unfortunateley, tne metal barrier that runs the lenght of the on ramp started 4 feet in front of where I fell, so the bike slid on the side of the barrier and my body stopped cold right on the barrier. The end caps from the barrier where missing so it had sharp edges instead of he rounded of edges hey usually have.

My Shift mesh jacket took mos of he impac but finally ripped and the barrier went into my chest, ripping my chest muscle and opening my chest cavity. I lost conciousness on impact but regained it about 2 minutes later when a guy that was 3 cars behind me (also a fellow rider) stopped, and talked to me.
I will forever be gratefull to this guy, Jose, he took my cell phone, asked me if I was OK and asked me for the Phone number of a familly member, I gave him my wifes number and asked him to help me get up because my arm was pinned under me. He told me not to move because I had a chest injury and that the ambulance was on its way.

The ambulance took about 4 minutes to get there. They cut my jacket open, and removed my helmet and gloves. They procededto sabilize me and told me what I had (open neumo thorax). It took about 10 to 15 minutes to leave for the hospial and about 15 more to get there. By thet time, my wife, parents and inlaws where waiing for the ambulance.

As soon as they broght me into he hospial, They patched up my chest and inserted the tube between my ribs to drain the air and blood that had colapsed my left lung.

Now 4 days later, I am sarting to sit up sraight and will try tostand. (I really would like to be able to go to the bahroom by myself, if you guys know what I mean).

Anyway again thanks to everyone for their prayers and good wishes.
Ride on and BE SAFE!

Old 06-22-2007, 06:23 PM

Update picures on thread :
https://cbrforum.com/m_327354/mpage_.../tm.htm#327355

Quick Reply: I need your prayers (rider down)