Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I Need Some Picking A Helmet

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 05:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I Need Some Picking A Helmet

ORIGINAL: L8X

dude, this is your head. splurg a little and get something better. you only have one.
Being a better helmet doesn't mean that you have to spend $600 on one. There has been alot of posts that have shown that the Z1R, about a $90 helmet at my local dealer, beat out the $600+ Shoei helmet and the Arai and everything else for that matter so spending alot of extra money just get get a nice warm feeling inside that I spent alot of money on a helmet isn't worth it to me. <---Just my .02

Just to let you guys know I'm ordering the Icon Skull today from www.terra-powersports.com I'm getting it for $195 shipped. I know they fit good and haven't heard anything but good things about the helmets, except for the guy on this forum that got a faulty helmet, but that was all taken care of. I'll let you know what I think of it when I get to ride with it a few time. I have worn the helmet at my local dealer and really liked the fit and feel. Fit my head alot better than the shoei or even the arai helmets did.

-Jesse-

Old 02-05-2006, 05:57 PM

ORIGINAL: Musichyp

Personally I am a fan of HJC. Thats what I wear and was wearing in my crash so I personally tested their helmets out at 108mph into the side of a car and all it got was some scratches and a small crack in the interior shell. Not bad for that speed. I will stay with HJC til I'm done. But find one that fits as they say, the looks should come second....[8D]
I have an hjc right now, but I don't really like the fit. The L is too small and it squeezes my cheeks really hard, and the XL is a little too loose and thats what size I have. The Icon helmet fits my head the best out of all of them that I have tried on so thats what I want to order.

-Jesse-

Old 02-05-2006, 06:05 PM

you got a deal damn... i got my flatblack mainframe for $200 wtf i got it from www.ridegear.com

Old 02-05-2006, 06:24 PM

ORIGINAL: Way2Cool

you got a deal damn... i got my flatblack mainframe for $200 wtf i got it from www.ridegear.com
No kidding, I would have paid $275 for it if it wasn't for Calkidd. Got the helmet and dark smoke sheild for $220 shipped with insurance. I don't think I'll be disappointed. You should check out their site, they have alot of good deals on there. www.terra-powersports.com

Thanks again for all of your opinions I really do appreciate them

-Jesse-

Old 02-05-2006, 08:33 PM

ORIGINAL: Turnin20s
No kidding, I would have paid $275 for it if it wasn't for Calkidd.
-Jesse-
I am glad I was able to steer some one in the right direction.

Old 02-05-2006, 09:08 PM

ORIGINAL: Calkidd

ORIGINAL: Turnin20s
No kidding, I would have paid $275 for it if it wasn't for Calkidd.
-Jesse-
I am glad I was able to steer some one in the right direction.
Thanks again, I almost had to order a pair of the icon super duty boots too (not the super duty 2 boots), only $75 but I'll wait a few weeks before I get a new pair of shoes.

-Jesse-

Old 02-06-2006, 03:45 PM

its all about Arai

Old 02-06-2006, 03:47 PM

ORIGINAL: drag the knee

its all about Arai
It was one of the bottom scoring helemets in safety.

Old 02-06-2006, 03:55 PM

Arai is one of the lowest? are you mad? where are you getting these facts. they're all D.O.T. approved

Old 02-06-2006, 04:14 PM

Read Motorcyclist June 05 'Blowing the Lid Off'.

Again, just because you are giving your first born for a helmet doesn't mean it is the best.

Quick Reply: I Need Some Picking A Helmet