Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I Need Some Picking A Helmet

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 12:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I Need Some Picking A Helmet

ORIGINAL: Anubis

Not heard much about the other manufacturers either, me personally like chain said it`s all about fit. I only get Shoei or Arai though. Better build in my opinion, but i suppose if they pass the tests there the same standard eh.
I know what you mean about fit. I tried on both shoei and arai and wasn't impressed with the fit. The icon helmet fit me alot better than the shoei and the arai. I'm not saying that the icon was a better helmet, but it just fit me better. There is a Scorpion dealer thats about 45 minutes away from me, but they are really stuck up and I might have to order the helmet from them, so I would probably have to buy it through them. I'm going to look around and see if I can find any other place to get them. BTW one more thing that is making me want the scorpion is how simple it is to change the face sheild. I do alot of daytime riding and then I ride to work at night (yeah I work 3rd shift) so having a sheild thats really easy to change is another really nice feature.

About what wood said I just can't figure that one out either. Everyone has an opinion, I know that, but his made no sense to me.

Thanks for all of your thoughts guys and keep them coming, I plan on getting my helmet in the middle of this month so there is still pleanty of time to vote.

-Jesse-

Old 02-05-2006, 04:25 AM

You can just go to the Scorpion dealer, try on all their lids, and when you find the one you want go back home and order it online from a company you like to deal with. You may be able to find a better deal on it then and you know what you are getting becouse you have already tried it out. The more I look at that ICON Skull the more I want one.

Old 02-05-2006, 05:11 AM

ORIGINAL: AdeQ8Styl

You can just go to the Scorpion dealer, try on all their lids, and when you find the one you want go back home and order it online from a company you like to deal with. You may be able to find a better deal on it then and you know what you are getting becouse you have already tried it out. The more I look at that ICON Skull the more I want one.
LOL I know what you mean. I really like the look of the icon skull, but for $275 I'm not really sure if I want it that bad when I can get the Scorpion that has some cool features for $75 cheaper.

-Jesse-

Old 02-05-2006, 05:41 AM

ICON Skull......$225.00 at www.kneedraggers.com

Even better......

ICON Skull.......$194.76 at www.terra-powersports.com ..........THATS AN AMAZING PRICE AND FREE SHIPPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-05-2006, 06:14 AM

ORIGINAL: Calkidd

ICON Skull......$225.00 at www.kneedraggers.com

Even better......

ICON Skull.......$194.76 at www.terra-powersports.com ..........THATS AN AMAZING PRICE AND FREE SHIPPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HOLY SH*T, thanks for the links. I'm deffinately getting the icon skull now. Best price that I found was about $275 but then I would have to pay shipping. Thanks again, I really appreciate it.

-Jesse-

Old 02-05-2006, 06:39 AM

i have the icon mainframe in flat black but dont you want a shoei, i want one... ok fine get the icon skull

Old 02-05-2006, 08:59 AM

i have a mate who has the icon skull in (we call it matt black) he loves it even though its not legal here, (cos it's not
compliant to Australian standards), id go with what fits u best before i looked at the pretty pics on the outside though![8D]

Old 02-05-2006, 02:40 PM

sounds like i might be a lil late but I like my kbc force rr minus the fogging. I dont see or haven't read any negative about the force rr plus changing the sheild is so easy.. just pull down on the left tab than the right tab and than bam off comes the shield

Old 02-05-2006, 03:43 PM
Retired Admin

Personally I am a fan of HJC. Thats what I wear and was wearing in my crash so I personally tested their helmets out at 108mph into the side of a car and all it got was some scratches and a small crack in the interior shell. Not bad for that speed. I will stay with HJC til I'm done. But find one that fits as they say, the looks should come second....[8D]

Old 02-05-2006, 05:01 PM
L8X

dude, this is your head. splurg a little and get something better. you only have one.

Quick Reply: I Need Some Picking A Helmet