Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I Need Some Picking A Helmet

Old 02-04-2006, 03:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Need Some Picking A Helmet

I need some help deciding on a helmet. I was going to order the KBC Zombie thats in my avatar, but the local dealer said that they aren't a very good helmet. I have an HJC right now but it doesn't fit all that good, so he suggested to get an Icon. I looked around and found the Scorpion helmets and they seem to be an awesome deal but I haven't really heard anything about them, but the anti fog system that they have seems like it would be worth the money. I would like to stay under $300 and I found the Scorpions for $200 or less and the Icons for $280 and down from there. I can get the KBC for $205, but I would have to wait until March and I don't really want to wait that long.

Heres what the helmets look like-

I'm thinking about getting a plain helmet and getting some custom stickers, but let me know.

Look in my photo gallery for a pic of my bike if you need it. Right now I like the Scorpion Raider in Red/Black. If you like one the helmets but don't like the colors just suggest a different color.
Thanks in advance

-Jesse-

Old 02-04-2006, 03:54 AM
Default RE: I Need Some Picking A Helmet

The ICON skull helmet is flat black, a little like what you have in your avatar.

EDIT: I didnt realize there was a poll. The ICON has my vote. It looks badass.[sm=crossbonesgif.gif]

Old 02-04-2006, 04:23 AM

Yeah I like that one too. The only thing is the flat black, is it harder to clean or does it have a coating so it won't rub off? That one was my second favorite. It does look badass though.

BTW I ride with a black Icon Timax jacket. And I'm trying to stay with some universal colors that I can use with any color bike just in case something else catches my eye lol, but I love my F4i so I think its gonna stay for a while.

-Jesse-

Old 02-04-2006, 04:24 AM

dpnt buy icon how can u be an icon if your not even a pro racer ?

Old 02-04-2006, 04:52 AM

ORIGINAL: wood83

dpnt buy icon how can u be an icon if your not even a pro racer ?
??? Whats that have to do with anything?? I'm not saying that I'm an icon or a pro racer, its just a brand name. And there are more choices besides Icon. What do you suggest??

Besides me not being an icon what do you have against their gear? I haven't heard anything bad about them, well not any worse than any other company out there. The one thing that I have heard is that they are too "bling" but its better than wearing a t-shirt and shorts out there and they are getting people that wouldn't really wear any gear to wear it plus they sell their stuff at a reasonable cost that most people can afford. Just my .02

-Jesse-

Old 02-04-2006, 05:51 AM

I have a lot of faith in ICON gear and so does my riding partners. I have an ICON Mainframe Halo and a Scorpion 700 I prefer the Scorpion over the ICON regarding fit, ventilation and fog free visor.

Please check out www.streetbikerview.com and check out the ICON reviews. I am working on the Scorpion review now.

Old 02-04-2006, 06:24 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I haven't found any bad press about Icon -- don't know what wood83 was talking about.

From the selection you posted all are nice helmets. For me the main thing with a helmet is that it fits well. Sux when it's either too loose or too tight. My suggestion is to go to a motorcycle show near you and try on as many as you can find and buy what ya like that fits good.

Old 02-04-2006, 08:24 AM

Not heard much about the other manufacturers either, me personally like chain said it`s all about fit. I only get Shoei or Arai though. Better build in my opinion, but i suppose if they pass the tests there the same standard eh.

Old 02-04-2006, 10:34 AM

I had a flat black Caberg Justissimo I got in Germany. I just cleaned it with a wet wash rag, like you would do to get bugs and things off. The flat paint doesnt come off, oil from your fingers can make a shiney spot but you can wipe it off no problem.

Old 02-04-2006, 12:31 PM

I have the Scorpoin EX-700 series and absolutely love it. Like callkid said the fog-free visor is very nice, but the main reason is I haven't found a better helmet that fits my head. Whether it's a$200 Scorpion or a $700 SHOEI. I agree with ChainStretcher, find a shop that has a lot of selections and find the one that best fits you. Have fun!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I Need Some Picking A Helmet