Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I need some advice...

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 07:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need some advice...

ok so i have been thinking about this probably since i was born but as im getting to be the right age now i can take it more seriously. i want to start a business..a place that is just plain awesome. a showroom with sick bikes and cars that i and my co workers built, a big parking lot where riders and drivers can hang out maybe even some stunting going on for certain occasions. i want to keep a bunch of parts in stock at all times. everything from gear to exhausts to who knows. maybe even have a dyno inside somewhere. and id really like to have a restaraunt affiliated with me but i cant cook so lol. a big problem would be where should i open it? i was thinking ocean city maryland just because i love it there but im open to suggestions. do you guys(and girls) think a place like this would be possible and what do you think of it? its pretty much my dream and i believe in chasing dreams so whatever. keep in mind this wont happen for at least another year or 2 but yeah

Old 09-25-2006, 07:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: I need some advice...

gotta find a place where theres a market dude, i dont know anything about ocean city, wed love to have you here in raleigh

Old 09-25-2006, 07:39 PM

Sounds like a good idea.....just make sure not to over price everything like all the other shops do. GOOD LUCK!

Old 09-25-2006, 07:45 PM

no way. i want to be able to give some good prices and have a kind of preferred customer type discount you know. i didnt even think about NC. and part of what im doing right now is looking for a market. hopeing people reply to this on here so i can get a little bit of an idea.

Old 09-25-2006, 08:33 PM

ocean city sounds like a great place my man! many tourists visit there all the time + a great vacation place + i go there every year ahha

Old 09-25-2006, 08:42 PM

I would think a place where you could ride year round would be a better spot....Just my opinion but here in Cincinatti I would lvoe to see a shop like that. We have a couple small shops (nothing really in stock). But I would just think a bussiness like that would do better where people ride year round. A good spot might be where they have some big bike cruise weeks and such.....

Old 09-25-2006, 09:36 PM

yeah that could also be a good plan. some place more out west. idk just what i have in my head i feel would be awesome

Old 09-26-2006, 12:44 AM

Think its a great idea man. A shop with some actual personality that a person wouldnt dread goin to when they need to buy something for their ride. I would say just find a city where you would love to live. Start out small and gain a good rep with the people. And then down the road realize your dream when you got the money to fully conceive it to that picture in your head.

Old 09-26-2006, 11:21 AM

thats pretty much the idea. have a business where the owner loves to ride and help out other riders. somebody wants a service done or a part ordered and put on, thats awesome.

Old 09-26-2006, 01:08 PM

I'm not trying to be a Negative Nancy here, but do you have experience running a business> You would have to have some MAJOR capital to open a shop like that. Not to mention, you have to find a parts distributor to sell you parts, certified bike mechanics for your service dept., and a cook for your restaurant. Sounds like a great idea though. I would do it in Florida or Cali though. Both have huge bike markets and you can ride year 'round there. Good luck

Quick Reply: I need some advice...