Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I need to get the fear out

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 12:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need to get the fear out

Whats up all my cbr brothas, I am having a problem with my fear, I want to be able to do wheelies without feeling like a little girl. I am able to get the front wheel up, but when I do, I start to feel the fear, how can I get over this? How have any of you gotten over it??? I have been riding for awhile, years in fact and it has always been the same.. Any advice would be much appriciated.

Old 09-03-2005, 07:44 AM
Default RE: I need to get the fear out

When i started doing them i used to shake after doing one, im not the greatest but i can get them up at a decent hight now... keeping them there is another thing.
Must admit i kinda lost my 'fear' as such when the once i clutched it up, but that morning i just could not wheelie and then i pulled this massive one nearly flipping the bike.
Guess i found the limitions of the bike so know not to go past it. Ever since no problems.

Best of luck chap

Old 09-03-2005, 11:06 AM

A full set of leathers , boots , gloves and a helmet does wonders.

Old 09-03-2005, 04:01 PM

I have never done one but I have to imagine that time will be the best thing. The more and more you do it the better and more comfortable you will get.

Old 09-03-2005, 04:33 PM

josho said it best it just comes with time man.... start doin small ones and work your way up..... they make really good how-to video's and there are really cool to watch.... but man most of them just come with time and practice...... and you might as well get ready b/c you will go down its just a fact... so i would invest in a cage if i were you.... best of luck to you man

Old 09-04-2005, 12:36 AM

So far the advice is good, but what is a cage???

Old 09-04-2005, 01:10 AM

Don't know on the cage but I was going to say if you do a search I know someone posted a few weeks or a month ago a good description of how to do wheelies. A bunch of people offered advice also. Might be a help for you.

Old 09-04-2005, 01:13 AM

a cage is like a roll cage in a car, but on a bike it just goes around the bottom and protects the plastic and the casings on both sides....

Old 09-04-2005, 09:30 AM

Keep your right foot ready to hit the back brake if it starts goin too far back,then you can just dab the rear brake and bring the front down a bit. Just relax aswell.

Old 09-05-2005, 01:49 PM

Yeah relax and practice makes good progress. Remember the first time you took a corner at 60 plus? Or got your knee down? The more you do anything the more you get used to how it feels.

Quick Reply: I need to get the fear out