Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I miss my bike

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 01:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I miss my bike

So its been a few months since I sold the f4i... and I miss that thing so much, more than I thought I would. I think as soon as I graduate wyotech and get a job, Im going to finance a new(er) bike. I just cant decide what I want... I loved my old f4i, but I doubt I can find an 01-03 f4i at a dealership. Id like to stay with a honda, so Im thinking maybe along the lines of a 600rr, but I wouldnt mind a 1krr or (if I could find one), an rc51 (actually, Id prefer the rc51, I just think finding one in a dealership in western PA isnt very likely, but then again, theres still some dealerships with "new" f4is). I think this spring I might go out and start looking, mostly to get an idea of what my payments are going to be. But until I buy my next bike, my friend is buying a gsxr600... I think Ill talk him into letting me ride it a few times

Just thought you guys should know

*edit: how the h**l do I have almost 600 posts? lol
*edit #2: nvm, I didnt realize Id been here over a year already... jeez, the time flies

Old 11-16-2008, 01:16 PM
Default RE: I miss my bike

sux man. The day will come when you get a new ride!

and who wouldnt want a 1kRR or RC51 hehe.. Patience Mesabi

Old 11-16-2008, 07:14 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Reaper, thats why i swore i'd NEVER EVER get ride of my F4i (1st bike). it could be in pieces (it was twice....lol) lying in my garage and i'd still keep it. my F4i tells a story of my 1st year riding.

as for another bike, and you thinking of a 600RR. let me tell you my '08 blows my F4i out of the WATER!!!!! its an amazing difference in power for sure! you'll be amazed at how different it will feel. to ME, it reminds me of a 1K. yes.....to those who may say 'wtf!!!!!'.......i've riden a 1K. just the mid range pick up on the 600RR reminds me of a 1K. 60mph in 6th gear, twist it and it seriously takes OFF!

good luck w/ the search, dont jump on the 1st bike, look around and get what you REALLY want. i kinda know how you feel. i've been w/o a bike here and there from accidents and maintinence on them. it really sucks and i absolutely haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate driving anything w/ more than 2 wheels!

keep your head up, you'll be back out there!

Old 11-17-2008, 11:29 AM

Yeah, Im wishing Id have listened to you when I said I was planning on selling it, jason

But right now Im trying to do the math to figure out where I am financially... Id love to have a bike this spring. I really wish I hadnt spent $2k on parts for my mustang last month. If I hadnt, I could have a bike right now . But if I did the math right, I have $1000 in the bank thats going towards gas money, and not much more (easy enough, cut down on driving and take the bus). I have a sale pending on both my old wheels and a t3/t4 turbo I have sitting around, so theres $600 Ill have within a month, and I plan on selling a lot of other things I have sitting around the house... Im hoping I can get at least a grand from stuff Im selling, and I think Im just going to ask for money from everyone for Christmas. Also, Im banking on a quad-digit tax return (I did manage to get a full work year pulling $10/hr between graduating high school and going to wyotech), and if the govt decides on another stimulus package, thats what its going towards lol

Honestly, Ive actually been considering selling my mustang and buying a beater and a bike. But thats looking like about a 10% chance since Im almost positive Ill regret that decision too.

But to quote Pirates of the Carribean, "Im in the market, as it were."

Old 11-17-2008, 11:47 AM

I could not give up my bike ever. I have put to much time, sweat and tears into the damn thing to get rid of it. When it comes time for me to get new bike, I will keep my F2. I could sell my golf clubs but not my bike. Golf is my other passion.

Old 11-17-2008, 11:53 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have no problem selling bikes. I've had way too many of them to get that attached. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to be bikeless but I like new stuff, and my new bike still thrills me everytime I get on it.

An RC-51 would be most excellent too.

Old 11-18-2008, 12:06 AM

i keep saying i would never sell my bike but then i end up with 4 or 5 in the garage and i just need to get rid of them. then when someone comes to look at the ones i want to sell they make me a great offer on the ones i don't want to sell. i have 3 in the garage right now and need to get rid of 2

Old 11-18-2008, 03:01 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

save up and buy a used bike cash.

you'll thank me when you dont end up paying 17,000 dollars for a 8,900 dollar bike

Old 11-18-2008, 07:26 AM

^^^^^He has a point.

Old 11-18-2008, 08:48 AM

Dont get me wrong, when I say go to a dealership, Im not talking about riding out on an 09 600rr.I plan on looking for dealerships with used bikes (hence me being happy with an f4i or ecstatic with an rc51 ), as well as private sellers. Im thinking at the most, I might take out a $1,000 or $2,000 bank loan if I need to; I dont plan on spending much more than $4-5k, and Im expecting to have $3k cash to spend (I know I could pick up a 600 for way less than that, but Im lazy and Ive gotta have FI lol).

Quick Reply: I miss my bike