Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I.M.S. in DC (now including pics)

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008 | 08:22 PM
|
Default I.M.S. in DC (now including pics)

well, today i went to the International Motorcycle Show. here's my OPINION on the bikes i saw......(keep in mind im NOT a "know it all", my F4i is my first bike and i've only been riding sincethis pastApril (17k miles seat time)

Harleys.........they ARE comfortable, but they sure as f**k are HEAVY!!!!!!! too much chrome, i'd rather die than have to clean one of those bastards!

Suzuki........the most uncomfortable. the seats felt as if they were riding up your ***. the bikes were pretty tall (im 5'9') and the clip-ons were low, which made for a more hunched over, aggressive posture. the passanger seat looks like 3 combined, its so thick!

Yamaha.......beeeautiful! if i got any other bike besides a Honda, it would be a Yamaha. they were the second most comfortable there. the R6 is such a great looking, and great feeling bike. easily my 2nd favorite there.

Aprilia.........again, beautiful bikes. so much to look at, little details. the colors are awesome. the bike feels comfortable.

MV Augusta........*damnit* i didnt get to sit on those. gorgeous bikes, but my *** never saw one

Ducati........*see MV Augusta* [:@]

Star.......most of them didnt appeal to me, but there was one that was all "blacked out" i guess you'd say, and that was a pretty good looking bike, and it was comfortable aswell.

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOONDA..........by far the MOST comfortable bike there. i will say the '08 1000RR is a amazing looking bike in person. after seeing the release pics on this forum i thought it was hideous. but maybe its just after seeing it in person, but that bike is HOT!!!!! i definately like it now. the '08 600RR is shweeeeeeeeet! the orange/black/silver looks pretty cool....like a tiger, haha.

thats my review so far, i'll prob. get back to this

Old 01-12-2008 | 08:27 PM
|
Default RE: I.M.S. in DC

i have 114 pics from the show. any requests, lol.....anyone wanna see a bike hahahahaha. maybe i'll dig through them and post a few gooood ones.

Old 01-12-2008 | 08:32 PM
Retired Moderator

Each show has progressively gotten worse over the years imo .. I felt like once every 3 to 4 years is probably better .. did you go last year? If so, anything "wow" enough to go again this year? I would suggest you create an album with your pics (imageshack or the like) and post up a link.

Edit: if you have any hotties in the mix, feel free to post those first

Old 01-12-2008 | 08:35 PM
|

yeah, i went last year. nothing really to WOW you i guess. just a chance to see the '07/'08 models. the dealerships near me SUCK and dont have many to look at.

hahaha, here's a good one of me and my girl.......so, i sat "bitch" hahaha!

Name:  Picture269.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  60.0 KB

and here's that "blacked out" Star motorcycle thats pretty cool looking............i could see myself owning one....

Name:  Picture265.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  82.8 KB

Old 01-12-2008 | 08:49 PM

I was sitting on an 07 CBR the other day and damn was that thing uncomfortable. It felt like someone put some felt on a board and slapped it on the bike. I'm looking forward to seeing some other bikes. i'll have to save some cash for the accessories people are always selling there too.

Old 01-12-2008 | 08:53 PM
|

yeah i was happy to see a A* table/tent. i bought A* track pants, boots, and drystar gloves through the past month and all i need is the jacket but dont know my Euro size. so i got to try one on there and found out what i'd need.

Old 01-12-2008 | 09:03 PM
Ironmang

hahaha J... I could always picture you riding bitch on the back of a big *** Goldwing[sm=smiley36.gif][sm=smiley36.gif][sm=smiley36.gif] J/K! J/K!!

The I.M.S is coming here to ATL next weekend... I'm gonna try and go to it too. Never been to it before I think a group of us might head over there together

Old 01-12-2008 | 09:10 PM
|

waaaaaaaatch it Jared, i wear the pants in the relationship damnit. i dont ride bitch

Name:  Picture203.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  70.5 KB

Old 01-12-2008 | 09:17 PM
Ironmang

^^^ Damn that bike is friggin huge!

I wish I had a pic... a buddy of mine has some little 2 stroke Stella scooter with a sidecar on it. Funny as hell to watch him ride it, cuz he's a BIG boy! Probably about 2x your size, lol

Old 01-12-2008 | 09:22 PM
Retired Moderator

When I was at Laguna Seca, I sat on an Interceptor. Damn, was that thing comfy. Did you have a chance to sit on one of those? It was definately my choice for a sport touring bike. I just need to find about 11 grand to make it happen.

Quick Reply: I.M.S. in DC (now including pics)