Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I leanred something yesterday about wheelies...

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 10:46 PM
Err
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I leanred something yesterday about wheelies...

look around first before hoisting it, or just give them the okie-doke...

Old 05-16-2007, 12:31 AM

this guys cryin on every cop post? you should start a cop fan club

Old 05-16-2007, 12:35 AM

ORIGINAL: TheX

ORIGINAL: tyson_rr

but yah cops are ******** about wheelies i found out.
So you're saying that cops are ******** for busting you for breaking the law? Get over it.
this guy I ,mean

Old 05-16-2007, 01:07 AM

I guess this all depends on the cop but when he see a bike riding a wheelie he knows that you are a good rider. So when he goes after you and you take off he should not bother chasing you. But all depends on the cop.

Old 05-16-2007, 01:14 AM

Nah if he turn around just pull over. But this wheelie deal if you not bother anyone just let us be. Have had a couple just light em up an let me go. Just letn me kno thats a no-no to them. I mean look at it this way if your doin a wheelie who do you hurt other than you, specially if you on a road with noone on it.

Old 05-16-2007, 01:43 AM

I agree with the others, we all have done something from time to time. But you have to be aware of your surroundings and whos in it. I won't do anything unless I know its all clear. Its safer and takesa few secondsto just look ahead and around/behind yourself before you do any stunts, then to try and work your way out of a ticket.

I posted this in another thread started today also: (there is another section with similar wording for being on a street/road/highway ect)

Operation off street or highway in willful or wanton disregard of the safety of persons or property. (Reckless Op)
No person shall operate a vehicle, trackless trolley, or streetcar on any public or private property other than streets or highways, in willful or wanton disregard of the safety of persons or property.

I know what your saying also. That you have control of your bike at the time, but its easy with all the squid videos out there to prove it only takes a small error or bad ground to make you go splat. Doing the wheelie is considered the willful/wanton disregard for yourself, and this is where you get dinged.

Old 05-17-2007, 11:51 AM

ORIGINAL: TK954RR
Maybe its my imagination but for a lot of the "crash" vids that are out there and crash sections of dvd's seems like a lot (id hate so say most) of them are wheelies gone bad, seems like they must be a bit dangerous/reckless to me.
Crash vids are the idiots who dont know how to take it easy while they learn wheeliesor dont respect the power of their bikes, typical squids You saying this, though, is a typical response of someone who doesnt know how to wheelie. People who do, know they have control over their bike. It isnt a hard or even that dangerous of a maneuver. Especially when its a quick power wheelie that i didnt even hold up. Up, down, 3 seconds...

Old 05-17-2007, 12:48 PM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Flip

ORIGINAL: TK954RR
Maybe its my imagination but for a lot of the "crash" vids that are out there and crash sections of dvd's seems like a lot (id hate so say most) of them are wheelies gone bad, seems like they must be a bit dangerous/reckless to me.
Crash vids are the idiots who dont know how to take it easy while they learn wheeliesor dont respect the power of their bikes, typical squids You saying this, though, is a typical response of someone who doesnt know how to wheelie. People who do, know they have control over their bike. It isnt a hard or even that dangerous of a maneuver. Especially when its a quick power wheelie that i didnt even hold up. Up, down, 3 seconds...
Really? Nothing bad will ever happen to one who really knows how to wheelie? No bumps, rocks, sudden swerves by cars, dogs running across the roads would ever happen to someone who really knows how to ride on one wheel. Those things happen only to dweebs with both wheels on the ground. Talk about it all you want, wheelies have no place on public roads. Nothing anyone can say will convince me there is as much control over the bike with one wheel in the air as there is with both wheels on pavement.

Wheelies on public roadsare illegal. And if one pulls the front wheel up he/she is risking a ticket. If you get one, cowboy up and pay the ticket rather than whine about getting it.

Old 05-17-2007, 01:04 PM

I've said a thousand times i would gladly just pay it and move on, so i'm glad you agree with me. The whining is about how i CANT just pay it because its an automatic reckless and madatory court appearence... Like if i get caught speeding, i simply say, "I was, oh well, here is my money." and i would happily do the same for this if i could.

Cant say i've seen a crash vid of someone biting it on one wheel due to bumps, rocks, swerves, or dogs... Its not like you cant see the road, if you have your back wheel brake covered you can bring it back down and stop/swerve just as fast as someone who is speeding.

Old 05-17-2007, 01:12 PM

ORIGINAL: bboi

ORIGINAL: TheX

ORIGINAL: tyson_rr

but yah cops are ******** about wheelies i found out.
So you're saying that cops are ******** for busting you for breaking the law? Get over it.
this guy I ,mean
I agree.

Quick Reply: I leanred something yesterday about wheelies...