Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I leanred something yesterday about wheelies...

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 12:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I leanred something yesterday about wheelies...

so you thought doing wheelies on public streets was legal? of course its wreckless driving, but you should just get a lecture...and a couple points on the lic's...be retarded if they pulls your lic's and you have a clean record

Old 05-15-2007, 12:30 PM

I didnt know it was reckless, no. Did i think it was legal? Of course not, but dont tell me you've never sped before, which is just as obviously illegal. Like speeding or changing lanes without a blinker etc, i assumed it was a violation kind of ticket.

I took the MSF course and dont remember anything about wheelies being reckless.

Anyways, i guess i am done bitching about it. It sucks that everyone here thinks they are so high and mighty when you know you do illegal stuff like speeding, i'm not complaining about the ticket, just the reckless aspect of it.

Old 05-15-2007, 12:48 PM

(If you want to!!) Find out who the Prosecuting attorney is. Give him a call and talk to him about your record and see if you strike a deal. But DO NOT tell him anything incriminating about you getting the ticket. Odds are he will meet up with you in the courtroom before it starts and will reduce it for you. And you should be one of the first ones out when it starts. That’s what happened to me in my car.

Old 05-15-2007, 12:56 PM

dang ive had pretty good luck with cops then haha and im not even on a street legal bike(pit bike) hhaha. ive rode it about 5miles on public roads(the sides or in the ditch) to my buddies house ridin wheelies here n there and ive passed a bunch of cops ha. they probally think im like 13 tho and dont do anything ahha(the good thing about looking younger than you are HAHA)

Old 05-15-2007, 01:21 PM

OK let me spell it out for a 10 year old.

Could you stop , change direction etc. etc. as quickly on one wheel as you can on two?

Did you wheelie on purpose?

= reckless

(just in case the answer to 2 was no, what were you doing on one wheel and what were you doing to get back under control)

this legal advice is free, from another of those ******* cops

Old 05-15-2007, 01:30 PM

Youre an upstanding citizen..do the smart thing..get a lawyer...i walked away from two speeding tickets in a week...69/40 and 74/40 which i might add is reckless driving...i got a lawyer and got traffic 4 hr online for the first one and an 8 hr traffic school for number two and 120 days supervision..they evern knocked the 74/40 down to 59 just so it would lower my fine...dont fret..get legal representation and let your lawyer do the talking...its gonna cost ya but dont go it alone...its goin to be ok..youre not goin to jail..or lose your license..either of you...besides if it were really bad...he would of pulled your bikes on site..get a lawyer..and watch out next time...i dont drag race at stop lights anymore..i learned my lesson....cost me almost 1k to get out of that jam...

O yea and my record was spotless until those 2 tickets..and my insurance never went up..in fact it went down...so lawyer up ...

Old 05-15-2007, 01:52 PM

ORIGINAL: Flip
Anyways, i guess i am done bitching about it. It sucks that everyone here thinks they are so high and mighty when you know you do illegal stuff like speeding, i'm not complaining about the ticket, just the reckless aspect of it.
Yea no use bitching about it man, that sucks ***. Most of the peeps on here know I hate cops, but even if it wasn't a reckless ticket it woulda been something. And we're not all high an mighty about it all the time, just don't throw em up when cars are around.

We all speed and drive reckless sometimes, just try to keep it a little more down low next time.

GL on your ticket man

Old 05-15-2007, 01:54 PM
Registered Users

I got popped a few weeks ago too my court date is june 21 2 speedings failure to maintain lane, and WRECKLESS for a WHEELIE but around here technically speaking or legally should i say to operate your cycle on one wheel isnt illegal there isnt a law that say's it is so why is there a problem with it? In my opinion I started learning wheelies in parking lots and moved up to the street because that takes some hardcore control over the 400 pound machine to stand it up on one, ride it, and then set it back down without crashing. wreckless driving insinuates a loss of controll intentional or not....a wheelie is a highly controlled manuver, unless you crash....[:-] gooduck with your tickets and just a passing thought....we diddnt buy our SPORT bikes to do the speed limit, personally if i was interested in crusin i would have got a cruizer

Old 05-15-2007, 01:57 PM

get off his case(ahha case....)

Old 05-15-2007, 02:11 PM

You did the crime, now do the time. Whether the cop is as bad as you say or not, you still broke the law. I speed " all the time" and have gotten pulled over for it more times than years I have been alive (35 or so). And at no point did I blame the cop for my stupidity. What makes you think your case is worthy of special consideration?

Quick Reply: I leanred something yesterday about wheelies...