Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I know it's an old story...

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 02:16 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I know it's an old story...

But I had to post it.

I posted it mainly in reference to the marijuana conversation going on in another thread. I said legalization will never happen, and this is exaclty why. Now, I'm not touching 9/11, far too much has been said and lost already about it and I lost someone, too.

BUT - for people that think we, "conspiracy theorists" are nothing more than freaks with too much time on your hands, I defy you to watch this video and maintain your position. This is only a news station. If a news station has this sort of power (in their pocket is the FDA, Florida judicial system, and countless representatives/congressman). If a news station can do this - it seems worth noting that the government has resources extending far beyond those of a news station.

Ever heard of Haliburton, Raytheon, or the Rothschilds? Watch the full video, please, if you care to comment...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E-5KivgwO4

Discuss!

P.S. I came across this as I was searching for reporter funny mishap compilations. Good stuff there, by the way

Old 04-10-2008, 02:33 PM
Registered Users
Default RE: I know it's an old story...

That's disturbing on so many levels. Not that I EVER pay attention to Fox in general....but the fact that the appellate court dismissed the case, scary. I am curious if they are appealing to the SC? If I was representing them, I would definitely push forward. The whistleblower statute SHOULD HAVE protected them. Further, the fact that they say that news distortion is not a punishable offense is insane. That is akin to saying accounting distortion is okay, and we all know according to Sarbanes-Oxley (sp?) that that isn't the case.

The US legal system has numerous laws, tort and criminal, dealing with misrepresentation. False light, misappropriation, contract issues, fraud, etc....yet, the Florida Appellate Court somehow, via their opinion, rubber-stamp this activity...it's horrifying.

Old 04-10-2008, 02:34 PM
VP

Let's keep this thread completely separated from any relevenant "conspiracies" of recent fellas.

Thanks!

Old 04-10-2008, 02:35 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: ffingers

...it's horrifying.
Couldn't agree more, brother. It's a scary world we live in and it's stuff like this people nbeed to see. I'm not going to say, "question everything and refuse everything they say."

I'm simply saying that when someone says, "conspiracy," people at least approach the subject with a subjective mind.

Old 04-10-2008, 02:37 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore

Let's keep this thread completely separated from any relevenant "conspiracies" of recent fellas.

Thanks!
Oook-aayy....

Clearly that's not where this is headed, but thanks for the reminder!

Old 04-10-2008, 02:38 PM
Friend and Hero ...

Kid I am at a loss for words this ranks right up there with the contaminate water supplies at Camp Lejeune North Carolina going back as far as the 1950s that situation is still being investigated to my knowledge
The only thing I can say kid is. The golden rule will always apply those with the Gold will make the rules while the rest of us suffer

Old 04-10-2008, 02:41 PM
Banned

I drink organic milk. It tastes like the milk that was delivered in glass bottles when I was a kid. So wait, the bottom line from that video is that everything I see on TV isn't true? and that big companies lie trying to make money? and the government doesn't care about its people? Wow I am surprised, I am going to eat some red m&ms and then drink some tap water and think about this.

Old 04-10-2008, 02:45 PM
Registered Users

I have no problems with conspiracies. Just to play devil's advocate though Kid...considering I know you can handle it....actually not so much devil's advocate as another point of view on the subject, I view conspiracies in my own unique way.

At first blush, I can neither condemn or agree with them. For me, the truth lies in the details. You have to admit, that some theorists are MASTERS at stringing together inconclusive things and make assumptions based on these odd strings. Some are true. Like the video, there is hard evidence backing up every step of their story. There is evidence backing up every word and documents to prove it. My issue is when we talk about the "shooter" (not JFK, just a random example conspiracy)....you have nut jobs that start saying things like, well it was 90 degrees out and he traveled 1 mile in 7:00 minutes, he's fat, couldn't do that, PLUS there was another distinct "pop" (as heard in this youtube video) thus because he is fat and it was hot and far and there was another pop, there was another shooter. Reasoning like this is nothing more than conjecture at best.

I think the issue is that conspiracy is coupled with lunacy. Is what is in that video a conspiracy, definitely. Is it a conspiracy like those alleging all kind of random crap with 9/11 or JFK, no way. Unfortunately, a "conspiracy theory" is immediately tagged as something being "way out there."

My suggestion, take in everything you see. If someone suggests an alternate reasoning for something, entertain it and think about it. But as soon as it becomes exponentially complicated, odds are its not all true. Believe it or not, it's hard to pull off a conspiracy. It can usually be proven by something concrete. Also remember, they are only theories until they are proven. That is not to say not to believe, but until they are fact, they are merely an observation hopefully drawn from facts, but as we know, are sometimes drawn from mere coincidences.

On that note, I love conspiracies, true or false. They are fun to read!

Old 04-10-2008, 02:50 PM
VP

Well I will say I have heard some great stories about rupert murdoch... apparently he's the antichrist himself.

Intereting video, I like a good conspiracy. I'd say my brother is one of the most influential people in my life when it comes to political views. I would say I am without a doubt one of least interested poeple when it comes to politics, but he has a way of mixing it up to surprise me. We spent several hours one day talking about 9/11, the illuminati and the skull and bones, and his personal favorite, NSA.

I wholeheartedly believe that Fox, among all news stations, is going to remove any information that we should as human beings be allowed to hear so they can better themselves financially. Doesn't really seem like a conspiracy to me.

Old 04-10-2008, 03:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Surprised by the actions of Faux News? *****!

Quick Reply: I know it's an old story...