Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

i know this doesnt belong here brake help UPDATE

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007 | 08:07 PM
|
Default i know this doesnt belong here brake help UPDATE

when iam riding the bike it makes a real loud grinding sonud and starts wobboling likes its fixint to fall ouver or have a flat tire when i take the brakes off it doesnt do it the brakes are pretty worn almost completly gone but i dont think that would cause that but iam no expert either i dont think the roter is bent cuz i was riding it and about 30 mins in to the ride it started can some one shead some light on what going on here i put this in the right place at first but every ones here

Old 10-15-2007 | 08:11 PM
Default RE: i know this doesnt belong here brake help

first is it coming from the front or rear?

second, it sounds like you have a worn out pad somewhere. classic brake grinding noise.....

Old 10-15-2007 | 08:25 PM
|

its the back but would that cause a real bad wobble

Old 10-15-2007 | 08:32 PM

grinding brakes wont always cause a wobble. If the rotor is straight but the pads are grinding....then there ya go

Old 10-15-2007 | 08:36 PM
|

thanks dude i think i might take the rear brake off till i get some pads and i dont mean tampons hahaha

Old 10-15-2007 | 08:41 PM

let us know what happens

Old 10-15-2007 | 09:06 PM

Even though most of your braking power comes from the front brake you still need the rear brake.
Pads are not that expensive, so get them as soon as you can.

If you take off the pads, and then press the brake pedal, youll force the piston right out of the brake caliper, forcing you to get the whole caliper reconstructed. Not to mention that if you do it while riding you'll be bathing your rear tire in slippeery brake fluid. It will almost guarantee a crash, and the spilled brake fluid will eat right through whatever s left of your bke's paint finish.

Removing the rear brake has "bad idea" written all over it, but if you do figure out a way to do it, take it very slow if you intend to ride without a rear brake ( I would strongly recomend against it)

Get them used on ebay if you need to, be careful, and keep the sticky side down, and the shiny side up.

Old 10-15-2007 | 09:08 PM

is it like a car?? When you need to get the rotors turned..but in a bikes case new rotors are in store...it seems like its the same kinda thing goin on..right??

Old 10-16-2007 | 12:25 AM

Holy crap, don't even think about riding without the rear pads, braking is about 90% subconscious reaction. In other words, your going to push down on your rear brake without you even thinking about it. Its going to lead to more expense, get em replaced. And besides from a safety point, your freaking me out even thinking about doing it

Old 10-16-2007 | 09:26 PM
|

took some advise and bought some bad put em on and what do u know thats not the problem when i spin the wheel the roter goes up and down like its uneven or some thing and bangs aginst the brakes my dad said it could be a bad wheel brearing but hes no bike person more car so what do yall think iam completly stuck and want to avoid a shop at all cost

Quick Reply: i know this doesnt belong here brake help UPDATE