Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I joined our ARMY...

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 06:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I joined our ARMY...

ORIGINAL: masternastee

how do u know if ur goin in as airborne when u havent even completed boot?? recruiters lie and if they told u ur gunna be airborne there dumb cuz u have to complete all the training first...and if u dont..ur just a regular grunt..which in the army isnt much...but good luck either way..kick sum ***...im just about to get out of the marines so hope u enjoy it lol
I knew I was air traffic before I joined the air force. It's called a contract with the job written that I would be given when i signed the dotted line (which is solid by the way). Alot of people I know didn't join the service unless they had a guaranteed job.. just letting you know it can be done.

Old 12-23-2007, 06:59 PM

ORIGINAL: rvizzle

ORIGINAL: masternastee

how do u know if ur goin in as airborne when u havent even completed boot?? recruiters lie and if they told u ur gunna be airborne there dumb cuz u have to complete all the training first...and if u dont..ur just a regular grunt..which in the army isnt much...but good luck either way..kick sum ***...im just about to get out of the marines so hope u enjoy it lol
I knew I was air traffic before I joined the air force. It's called a contract with the job written that I would be given when i signed the dotted line (which is solid by the way). Alot of people I know didn't join the service unless they had a guaranteed job.. just letting you know it can be done.
Exactly as Rvizzle said, I have it in my contract. The only way I can ruin that is to not pass any of the classes or tests.

Old 12-23-2007, 07:06 PM

ORIGINAL: pimpncbr954s
....dont get offended when i ask u but was ur reason for doin the 11b thing a decision made cuz "you wanted to kill people"???? if thats ur reason why lemme just break it to u lightly.......they shoot back!
Did you learn that in basic too...that they shoot back?
That's not why I wanted to be 11bravo, but I do want to jump out of planes and see some action- all while protecting the ONLY country I love.

I'm actually leaving: a very prestigious job (that will be here for me when I come back), a very small and tight-knit family that I see on a regular basis, friends, my bikes, my truck, my house and new 54" flat screen LCD, my church, ... everything really. I'm an action packed hyper guy who feels it my civic duty to serve his country in this time of war. 11bravo is what floats my boat by keeping my interest.

I'm proud to be an AMERICAN!

Old 12-23-2007, 07:13 PM

I was Airborne Infantry. Goodluck to you! Its hard work, but just remember to have fun! Especially while in OSUT. You going to Benning??? If you are, just an FYI its a **** hole. haha.

Old 12-23-2007, 07:26 PM

Army vet here also. Good luck to you. Take advantage of the education center.

FarAway

Old 12-23-2007, 10:59 PM
Friend and Hero ...

What is wrong with Ft Benning. All you youngsters love to hang out on victory Drive exactly where you're not supposed to be. Hell if memory serves me correctly your graduation field is about a 100 yards directly behind the recruit barracks area, no bus ride involved for you. And there is a real nice rec cente right up the block . You can even get a slice of pizza , and play in the nice sandpit right next door,LOL. but honestly, I really don't remember the area that well I was over at Kelly hill for the most part. And we were not the only ones there from other branches for training. Now as for choosing a career path right out the gate the Army as well as most all other branches have really fine-tune their career paths. Anyone interested in 18x contract will find themselves on the express lane to Special Forces as long as they can cut it. If you're truly interested in that here's a link to MAJ. Martin website
http://www.warrior-mentor.com/index.htm

MAJ Martin and a Senior NCO Have Wrote a Companion Manual to aid those seeking the 18X contract and considering they helped refine and revamp the selection and training process. I don't think you could find any better insight

BTW, All of the proceeds from the book go to the Warriors foundation, which is a wonderful foundation that helps families of fallen soldiers

Now is HC plugging the Army? no just stating what I know to be the facts have had some dealings with MAJ. Martin and the base itself

Matt good luck with your military career and thank you for answering your countries call to arms in its time of need. Now, about jumping out of an aircraft. I rank it in my five top favorite things in life. There is absolutely nothing like a night jump over open water with rough seas LOL up until that point, you really are just a legger

Here's a clip for you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_JWa...eature=related

Old 12-23-2007, 11:07 PM
Registered Users

if theres anything you want to know about benning let me know itell you everything i know from when i was there nothing has changed still the same ranges and what not so if you do let me know and when you first get there things are really easy youll be at 30th ag for about two weeks then hell starts

Old 12-24-2007, 01:00 AM

going to Ft. Benning on the 3rd

but after that it's 25S time, so i'll be pushing pencils for a few years

Old 12-26-2007, 11:33 PM

yeah, I'll be at FT. Benning. Can you PM me with some details...?

Old 12-26-2007, 11:49 PM

Good luck bro!!! as said above, its just a mind game. And they are damn good at it, im not even gonna lie. It will, and should be hell, thats what basic is, but keep in mind it is only temporary. It will be one of the most rewarding things you have ever done, at least it was for me! Thanks for serving our great country.

Quick Reply: I joined our ARMY...