Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I have more questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 06:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have more questions

Well, if everything goes according to plan, I will have my first bike Saturday Morning.

A 04 600rr. Really excited.

I have a couple questions..

FYI... I have done searches on these topics already. Just wanted more input than what I have read.

The first mod, that I want to do is put in some super power bright white headlights, if possible.
Is there a replacement bulb that I can buy that is whiter and brighter than factory?

and

I think the bike would look better without the mirrors, or maybe some shorter aftermarket mirrors. What is the general opinion about taking the mirrors off? Ok or a no no?

and

The bike that I am getting is the blue 04. I have been looking everywhere for this bike. Buy, I want to change the part on the bottom that is grey to Black. How can I do this, and still keep the bike blue?

and

I would like to know an inexpensive way to make my silver swingarm black. I really would like to have a black / blue color scheme on the bike.

Thanks for the help,

Cole

Old 04-03-2008, 07:51 PM
Default RE: I have more questions

I made my swingarm black on my f4i by removing it and just spray painting it with crest chip coat. As for painting the bottom either take it too a shop or spray it yourself just tape off where you want the break line to be. I wouldnt take the mirrors off not sure as to the legality of it either probably illegal though. They be small and crappy but come in handy from time to time. As for headlight no bulb replacement is going to stack up to a hid conversion. Although hoen makes a pretty good and bright bulb.

Old 04-03-2008, 07:53 PM

How are you going to see behind you without mirrors? I think it is illegal to remove them as well. So if you want get shorter ones. As far as the swingarm, how about you just paint it? Remove it from the bike and paint it with some spray paint.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:10 PM

The first mod, that I want to do is put in some super power bright white headlights, if possible.
Is there a replacement bulb that I can buy that is whiter and brighter than factory?
HID's are your best option. But you can buy replacement bulbs, but it wont do much for you. PIAA are good, but might as well spend what you would on 2 sets and get HID's

I think the bike would look better without the mirrors, or maybe some shorter aftermarket mirrors. What is the general opinion about taking the mirrors off? Ok or a no no?
I use my mirrors A LOT where I am, I dont care how they look, they are there for functionality, especially if this is your first major street bike. I wouldnt take them off. There is more to it than looks

The bike that I am getting is the blue 04. I have been looking everywhere for this bike. Buy, I want to change the part on the bottom that is grey to Black. How can I do this, and still keep the bike blue?
Are you talking about the lower fairing?

I would like to know an inexpensive way to make my silver swingarm black. I really would like to have a black / blue color scheme on the bike.
Powder coating will be the best ay about $100 or a little more. Or there is always industrial spray paint