Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I have a bad feeling about this one...

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 09:25 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I have a bad feeling about this one...

Make sure you ask him which way he is going after work, then you go the other way.

Old 08-20-2007, 10:05 AM

I live in an airbase town filled with servicemen who have never ridden but went out and bought sportbikes because they have money to spend. The streets around here are filled with wobbley "dookies" (local term for the airmen) paddling off from stoplights then jamming their bikes up to eighty on slow streets. So many of these guys were getting killed on their bikes the USAF made a mandatory safety class and requires all dookies to wear protective jackets and reflective hazard vests. Civvies can report the airmen for reckless riding and/or not wearing their gear. All their bikes have a base access sticker so it's easy to indentify them. Basically, we have a bunch of novices on highly powered machines around here. I never could understand how someone without any experience could think they need a sport bike to learn on. What they need is an old XR75...

Still, it's fun to ignore their desire to drag race you from some stop light, then pull in behind them and ride about six inches off of their rear tire, weaving back in forth in their mirrors until they get shaken and pull over. I also enjoy letting them roar off ahead after a green light, then dive in hard on them at the next corner, trail braking with the throttle on to screw with their heads. Sometimes I come up with the clutch in and the motor revved...never fails to make their heads whip around.

BUt anyhoosal...on the subject of novice riders, I believe everyone should start on a dirtbike, not because their particularly easier to ride, but it teaches people how to fall which is something you just can't practice on the road. Of the crash videos I have seen, most street-only guys go down like they expect to stop their fall with their hands...they slap down like a dead fish without distributing the energy of the fall.

Old 08-20-2007, 11:36 AM

or instead of being an @$$hole you could come up next to them and say "thank you for serving our country"

Old 08-20-2007, 11:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that kid is gonna die. and his brother is stupid. i would laugh at them both and then sell him a 2007 busa for under 10k

Old 08-20-2007, 12:02 PM

10 bucks says dorkbiker is a squid anyways.

But about the other dudes, who cares about the size of the bike. If you have self control and COMMON SENSE your ok. I know I could handle a Busa right now after riding a 600 for 7 months. But Im a ***** with a lot of self control and fear/respect of what my machine could do to me if I decided to get ballsy and overly stupid. But riding in the rain on a Busa?? Seriously? Thats just dumb. And f*ck that guy for not having respect for anything below a liter. I think someone should go kick his bike over onto a nice pile of gravel or something. A$$hole [:@]

Old 08-20-2007, 12:45 PM

I have a 929 and have even thought about going back to the 600's. Their really isn't much need for the bigger bikes on the roads. The 600 are great for everyday riding, not the say the liter bikes aren't, and the 600 are great track weapons. Bigger isn't always better in this case.

Old 08-20-2007, 01:27 PM

think the brother is making up for a lacking in other areas???

maybe he should let his beginner brother stick with something he can handle at WOT...
like ah...a 600 F3...perfect!!...
cant wait to get mine!

Old 08-20-2007, 02:37 PM

Ask him if he's an organ donor.

Old 08-20-2007, 03:41 PM
Ty

First off, I did my time in the Air Force and spent 4 long years all over Europe and southeast Asia. Sometimes living nice and sometimes wearing chem gear for weeks at a time. Give those boys some credit. Think about the amazing contrast between what they are willing to do for you and what you are willing to do for them. Your gonna have a real bad day if someone like me ever sees you treating those boys like that. You better watch who you act tough around. Instead of trying to make things harder for them, why don't you offer to show them some better techniques or take them out to learn some of what you apparently know. So what, they don't ride well. You didn't ride well either once upon a time. When you could afford it, you bought a bike. Sounds pretty familiar. They can just afford better bikes than what you could. There's no reason to talk smack. You don't hear them talking about what a lousy job you do of keeping the country safe, do you?

Sorry, I had to address that. Dork made some very inappropriate comments and now I can move on to what I was going to say....

It's funny this thread should show up, because I was just talking to someone about how I learned how to ride on a Hayabusa. I don't think I'd reccomend it, but then again, there is no such thing as a safe bike, so it's as good as any I guess. I was older than most when I started riding and actually have no idea how fastthe Busawas because I was terrified of the darn thing (It was not mine). I have since ridden others and have pushed them a bit, but I prefer the weight of a liter a little better. If someone is going to kill themselves, they're going to do it on whatever bike you give them. I don't see the Busa as any more dangerous, and may go so far to say that the extra weight helps to keep a new rider a little more stable than he would be on a 600. It is faster in a straight line, but that's about it. I mean really, it's big, heavy, smooth, low, easy to ride. For those that haven't ridden one, it is very comfortable and balanced and not what you might expect. Same as every other bike on the road, it is pretty tame under 7000 RPM.

Anyway, so before you guys blast me for saying that, I am convinced that it is the rider and not the bike that makes the difference. This fella may well kill himself, but it's not going to be the Busa's fault.

Old 08-21-2007, 07:03 AM

Sodid captain jackass and his sidekick busaboy ride off into the sunset after work yesterday?

Quick Reply: I have a bad feeling about this one...