Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I have a bad feeling about this one...

Old 08-20-2007, 07:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have a bad feeling about this one...

Well, I was just talking to this guy that I work with. He's seen me ride into work, and now he's got the itch (don't blame him) , and has asked his brother to teach him how to ride...which is fine, cuz his brother apparently has a number of years of experience. Now this is where the story takes a turn for the worse. Apparently, his brother's feelings tell him that he should be learning to ride on the fastest bike possible and in inclement weather, which is CRAZY! Just found out that he rode the new 'Busa in this morning, with his brother on the back, and the weather here in Jersey is pretty sh*tty today. I don't know what the hell these two guys are thinking. A newbie riding is Busa is ridiculous. He's endangering himself, his brother, and anyone else on the road.

And then, his brother, who I've never met, says that he has no respect for anyone that rides anything under 1000cc. What a dumb@$$.

Anyways, sorry about the rant. I'm gonna try my best to try and talk some sense into the newbie. Hate to see him hurt himself listening to his bro. Any advice would be great. Thanks guys/gals.

Old 08-20-2007, 08:13 AM
Default RE: I have a bad feeling about this one...

this is so stupid! It's like: "ok I'd never get flight lessons, let's start with....uh...ah yes! A Boeing 747!
Please tell him that he's a danger for anybody on the streets, not only for himself!

Old 08-20-2007, 08:13 AM

ORIGINAL: EHonda

Well, I was just talking to this guy that I work with. He's seen me ride into work, and now he's got the itch (don't blame him) , and has asked his brother to teach him how to ride...which is fine, cuz his brother apparently has a number of years of experience. Now this is where the story takes a turn for the worse. Apparently, his brother's feelings tell him that he should be learning to ride on the fastest bike possible and in inclement weather, which is CRAZY! Just found out that he rode the new 'Busa in this morning, with his brother on the back, and the weather here in Jersey is pretty sh*tty today. I don't know what the hell these two guys are thinking. A newbie riding is Busa is ridiculous. He's endangering himself, his brother, and anyone else on the road.

And then, his brother, who I've never met, says that he has no respect for anyone that rides anything under 1000cc. What a dumb@$$.

Anyways, sorry about the rant. I'm gonna try my best to try and talk some sense into the newbie. Hate to see him hurt himself listening to his bro. Any advice would be great. Thanks guys/gals.
If his brother can really handle a hayabusa at its limits, then he's entitled to think that way. My guess is, he can't. He's just trying to impress his little brother. Dont ride with the squid (in case he asks). He's getting his head filled with BS and it might cause him to be dangerous on the road. You can try to give him advice, but you know, blood is thicker than water...

Old 08-20-2007, 08:19 AM

some people just have to learn the hard way... just hope they don't hurt anyone else in the process. You don't need to be an experienced rider to know that it's stupid to try and learn how to ride on a monster like that, on ****ty weather, and a passenger... that's just common sense; even my 10 year old niece would know better than that. How old is this guy anyway? Being the jerk I am I would probably just tell him he's an idiot for believing whatever his brother is telling him. He could be making all of that up though, people do that to get attention... No respect for anyone that rides anything under 1000cc?? Fu%$ing squid... aarrghh!! [:@][:@][:@]now i got mad hehe... you know what, you should let him just go do whatever he wants.. freakin' ignorant people!! Good on you for not slapping him in the face though.. you're a better man than I am..

Old 08-20-2007, 08:29 AM

Old Guy, you ride a liter bike. Could you possibly have any respect for anyone who rides anything under 1000cc ?! 600's are for pussies, right?

Old 08-20-2007, 08:30 AM
Banned

A newbie riding is Busa is ridiculous.
After MSF, I learned on an 051krr, power is irrelevant if you have self control and respect for the machine. A busa is just mindset. If the guy has reasonable amounts of self control he will survive, but the margin for error is zero. The problems come when you believe you are capable of exploring the limits of the machine. The way I see it, I can really handle about 300CCs of my 600 now. In about 3 more years, I may be able to use them all.

Old 08-20-2007, 08:39 AM

ORIGINAL: madgreek

Old Guy, you ride a liter bike. Could you possibly have any respect for anyone who rides anything under 1000cc ?! 600's are for pussies, right?
LMAO, absolutely not, my last bike was a 600f4i. Two of my friends ride 600's, one has an f4i, the other a ninja 636. Even though I ride a 1000, I would never say that I have no respect for 600 riders. My friend with theninja is an outstanding rider, I bet he would beat this busa squid anyday on or off the track... I agree with you that he's probably not even close to being able to handle the limits of that bike.

Old 08-20-2007, 09:09 AM

Sound's like both brothers have a screw loose. Hopefully the first wreck won't be fatal. Find out what color roses they like. Not having to ask the family this question saves that painful phone call.

[sm=chairshot.gif]

Old 08-20-2007, 09:10 AM

Those big rockets are easy to ride. They are heavy and the power delivery is VERY linear in stock form. That is why the aftermarket is so stuffed with power upgrades and bling for these bikes. They are mostly for profileing and going really fast in a strait line,which any idiot can do with a ham sized fist. That squid may just be better off on the Busa than one of the new awesome 600 race reps. that I for one have all the respect in the world for........I roll on a 954RR.

Old 08-20-2007, 09:14 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i remember at one of my old stores guys would come stunt in the parking lot, well this guy that lived across the street had a busa, and i saw him out there teaching someone to ride it one day, i was shocked. fishy is right though, it is possible, but there is absolutely no tolerance for error.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I have a bad feeling about this one...