Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I hate my school.

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 06:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I hate my school.

I go to Middlesex county college here in Jersey. Last year they had one designated parking spot just for bikes at one side of the campus. This year they added one more on the complete opposite of the campus. With the addition of spots I have noticed an addition of sport bikes. A couple real nice and new suzuki's and yamaha's but most of them have been down, but still decent, trashed or really nice but old.

Out of maybe 20 riders I have seen walking around with helmets or riding around campus I have only seen one with more than a helmet and most wear wife beaters.

I was walking to my bike with my jacket on and helmet in my hand and I pass a couple people with helmets walking on their own and they don't say ****. I pass one guy holding a helmet and a jacket all the way across a lot and we basically had a 5 minute conversation about how beautiful it was in the morning and how hot it was now and to be careful cause no one can drive here..

What's with the guys who don't wear gear? Do they think they are harder or cooler because they can show off their mom tattoo?

BTW I know I saw a few honda's and if you go there my bike is the pos Yellow f4i street fighter.

Old 09-13-2010, 08:49 PM
July 2012 Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by gump
I go to Middlesex county college here in Jersey. Last year they had one designated parking spot just for bikes at one side of the campus. This year they added one more on the complete opposite of the campus. With the addition of spots I have noticed an addition of sport bikes. A couple real nice and new suzuki's and yamaha's but most of them have been down, but still decent, trashed or really nice but old.

Out of maybe 20 riders I have seen walking around with helmets or riding around campus I have only seen one with more than a helmet and most wear wife beaters.

I was walking to my bike with my jacket on and helmet in my hand and I pass a couple people with helmets walking on their own and they don't say ****. I pass one guy holding a helmet and a jacket all the way across a lot and we basically had a 5 minute conversation about how beautiful it was in the morning and how hot it was now and to be careful cause no one can drive here..

What's with the guys who don't wear gear? Do they think they are harder or cooler because they can show off their mom tattoo?

BTW I know I saw a few honda's and if you go there my bike is the pos Yellow f4i street fighter.
at first I thought you said Middlesex Community College and I was thinking 'no way this dude lives near me!' haha but then I read Jersey

anyways, idk why they do that, the mom tattoo thing is funny tho...

Old 09-14-2010, 06:38 AM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

at some point you accept that you can't make decisions for other people. had a kid pull up next to me yesterday who was complaining that it was cool in the morning and hot in the afternoon so he was miserable having to wear his adidas windbreaker on the way back home. sportbikers in this area by-and-large don't wear gear, but the only one i can control is me. frankly i've always enjoyed being a little different anyway.

Old 09-14-2010, 11:41 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by regener8ed
at some point you accept that you can't make decisions for other people... but the only one i can control is me...
+1

Gump, I try to always remember a couple things - *it takes all kinds*...& *live-n-let live*. That makes my life easier. But yeah, I know where you're coming from.

Old 09-14-2010, 03:31 PM
October 2010 ROTM

I don't tend to judge people by whether or not they decide to wear gear. I will always try to spark a conversation with other riders, regardless of what they wear. If someone decides to wear a bathing suit, flip flops and a tank top on their motorcycle .. that is their choice, I'll still talk to them about the joys of riding, because in the end, we share the same passion.

I think these people either a) Take their chances and know if they go down, they are in pain or b) Think they will never go down, so don't worry about it.

Yeah, I do seem to realize that those who don't wear gear are more "stuck up" per-say usually, but I don't hold grudges.

Old 09-14-2010, 06:46 PM

Not to sound like a *****, but why would you make any assuption about a person? In all honesty, the fact you are judging these people without even knowing them is a far more affending than the fact they don't gear up. Being a sportbike rider, Im sure you've dealt with stereotypes and people who just don't get it... why would you be one those same people to another rider?

I won't judge anyone based on the gear they wear. Sure, I wear it, but its my choice. I'm not the type of person that thinks everyone should do what I feel is right. I have a few friends that don't wear gear, and sure I harass them a bit, but I don't think less of them because they choose not to do what I do.

I was walking to my bike with my jacket on and helmet in my hand and I pass a couple people with helmets walking on their own and they don't say ****.
did you say **** to them? They very well could feel the same as you do. I talk to everyone, and believe it or not, they talk back to you. Harley riders, gearless riders, even scooter riders on occasion. Since your attitude towards them is all over in this rant, I imagine your body language when you see them in person is the same. Then, when you see someone who has the same feelings towards gear as you, you probably perk right up and the conversation flows.

I'm really not trying to diss ya, if its coming across that way, I apologize, But it really shouldn't bother you that some people don't wear gear. Just giving you another point of view.

Last edited by justasquid; 09-14-2010 at 06:53 PM.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You shouldnt hate. Its a free country and people are free to make their own decisions. As long as you do what you feel is best for yourself and their not trying to impose their will on you then you really shouldnt have nothing to be mad about.

Old 09-14-2010, 07:00 PM

at least u dont go to njit, then youd hate your life

Old 09-14-2010, 07:41 PM
July 2012 Ride of the Month

Yea judging because someone doesn't wear gear is not right...

For example, today my friend was leaving on his gixxer 6 in sunglasses, and gloves I think. I told him to have a good ride and to rip it a lil through the parking garage cuz of the 2bros pipe

I know hes a good rider and is going to be safe.
Usually he wears boots, helmet, jacket and gloves.

Old 09-15-2010, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by gump
Do they think they are harder or cooler because they can show off their mom tattoo?
I have a mom tattoo...

Quick Reply: I hate my school.