Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I HATE MY JOB!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 09:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I HATE MY JOB!!

Bastards! They told me it isn't fitting for a furnature salesman to drive a bike to work... Unethical or something... They are lucky I need the money.... BASTARDS![:@][:'(]

Old 06-01-2005, 09:52 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: I HATE MY JOB!!

I guess I'm stooopid but not quite getting the connection between funiture and bike logic that they have. Tough situation dude. Look for something better and when you find it ride to work and rev it at the front door -- when they come out give 'em the 1 finger salute with a loud FU and an 'I quit' to boot

Old 06-01-2005, 11:50 PM

yea, I guess Im stooopid too. I told them two weeks in advance that I want this friday off to go renue my motorcycle endorcement, but they stuck me with a 9-5 that day too. Oh well, tomarrow morning I will start putting apps other places, and I will go from there. but thats a great idea chainstrecher! Thanks!

Old 06-02-2005, 10:19 AM

Unless there is something in the company's rules that forbids employees from riding motorcycles to work, you can get to work however you see fit. Most jobs just require that you have some reliable form of transportation. A motorcycle is just as reliable as a car. If they don't like it, then thats their problem. Just for them saying that, i'd ride the bike every day.

Old 06-02-2005, 12:35 PM

Ha, you would think so too. They say it offends customers to see their salesman pull up on a noisey "thing" thats covered in contrasting colors, then goes to a formal job... for 6 bux an hour, I should be able to rid it to work too...[:@]

Old 06-02-2005, 12:53 PM

It's not even a matter of should be. Unless there is something in the company rules that forbids you riding a motorcycle to work, then legally there is nothing they can do or say about it. You could ride a moped in if you want. So unless there is something in writing that says what and how you have to get to work, ride on.

Old 06-02-2005, 01:29 PM

+1 to what NeonSpeed said... when you were hired, you were (hopefully) given a policy and procedure manual, and then a form for your to sign acknowleging that you'd received and read the manual. If there's nothing in there stipulating that motorcycles are unacceptable (and let's face it - even if they had that in there, there's no REASON for it, and someone would challenge it), then they can't say a darned thing about it.

Sounds to me like they're just trying to discriminate against you... Good luck!

Old 06-02-2005, 06:35 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree with what you guys are saying in principal but when you need a job unfortunately sometimes you gotta do what the man says until you're in a better situation. Only when you no longer need their BS job do you do the defiant thing. It would suck to be right but unemployed.

Hey, are you near Elizabeth, CO? I got a buddy up there that drives a tractor and has his very own keg-o-rator. Tell him ya know me and he'll set you up with free beer, the best food ya ever ate and talk yer ear off.

Old 06-02-2005, 09:15 PM

You guys are right! Nothing says I cant but them, they knew I rode, I came for my interview in my leathers and on my bike... I think I will ride to work tomarrow... Yes, indeed so!

Also, I live in So Col, I dont even know where elizabeth is, although if I go there, I will have to partake on your kindness! Thanks~

Old 06-04-2005, 09:20 PM

rode to work on it today, they didn't say one damm thing.... Even revved er up and everything.... Do I dare say I win?
Thanks guys!!!!!!![&:]

Quick Reply: I HATE MY JOB!!