Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

i hate crooked ebayers!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 09:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i hate crooked ebayers!!

So, against better judgement, I bought a sirius satellite tuner from a brandnew ebayer with a 1 feedback score. 2 weeks later he ships my stuff. 3 days later I get it. Guess what, it don't work. 1 week later i'm still waiting for a refund. He sends me a broke tuner 2 and a half weeks after I pay for it, and get this, he wants me to send it to him before he gives my a refund. I'm kinda stuck. I'm so mad i'm steaming.

Old 05-06-2006, 10:32 PM
Default RE: i hate crooked ebayers!!

Im kinda at wits end with the ExoticSuperbike peeps and my Corbin seat which still hasnt arrived(224$) and the folks at Moto X Outlet that havent shipped my KBC Urban Assault Helmet yet (149$) So i feel your pain ...400 paid and still no goods..and all i get is the run around at both places....i guess u got borken stuff so you got a lil more of a shafting than i did..report him...there has to be a way to get him ...isnt there something on EBAY to rat out crooks like him?

Old 05-06-2006, 10:37 PM

There is, but he called and we made an agreement. He paid $25 now as an act of good faith, and will pay the rest when I ship it. I'm starting to feel better about it. How long has it been since you bought your seat and helmet? I hope everything works out ok.

Old 05-07-2006, 12:15 AM

I used MotoX for the jacket with free helmet offer.. took them 4 or maybe 5 days to process it.. but finally got it friday... i think they order from a distributer, check it out and then send it out... they are okay, not scammers but a little timely... You have to call for the tracking number once it ships too, they didnt include that in the email after they sent the shipped notification.

Old 05-07-2006, 03:02 AM

I hate them scammers too.. just keep track of all you remails and if it goes to ****, report him to paypal..you did oay with pay pal right?) and most of the time they will favor the buyer. It may take a bot of time tho..i got a bum printer from a guy screen name "get-it-sold-on-ebay" and when i emailed him he basicly told me to eat ****,,I was like WTF? and he jsut told ne too bad.. Fianlly i reported his sorry *** and month later got my money back. I just wanted to make it right but he wanted to be an asstoad. The reality is there are scammers in the world and ebay is just another way for them to scam ppl. sounds like things are heading in the right direction for you. hope things work out

Old 05-07-2006, 05:48 AM

I hate those scammers too. Some rat bastard hacked into my ebay account a few months ago and was trying to sell a presumably hot camera...a Hasselbad 120mm for $1000 under my username. I think the camera lists for like $8-10k new. Luckily, ebay caught it before I did and they changed my password and all account info for me.
Hopefully you'll get all your money back without any further problems.

Old 05-07-2006, 08:52 AM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

what model tuner was it?

Old 05-07-2006, 10:53 AM

sir-pnr1. the pioneer specific tuner.

Old 05-07-2006, 01:40 PM

dude sorry to hear about that. hope it works out. i can't stand scammers either!

Old 05-07-2006, 04:44 PM

*thread jack*
I saw a 04 RR on the ebay for 2900 buy it now..definetly a scam, so i email the guy to see what kind/ and how he does his scams, below is the reply from him. If you guys want me to I will continute to post updates

here is his response..sound almost convincing
Subject : RE: CBR for sale

| | | Inbox

Hello,
First let me say that the bike is available for $2900, I am the first owner of the bike. You will receive your bike by DAS at your home address. It is insured in case of damage and it takes 7 days to be delivered at your door. I will send the bike with all the papers you need to register it(clear title, bill of sale, odometer disclosure statement).No scratches or dents, never touched the ground, no hidden defects,the bike has not sustained any damage whatsoever ,never been into accidents. I recently moved to Portugal and the bike is here with me and because I want to deal as soon as possible I am ready to cover the shipping costs and insurance. If you agree with this price we can start to complete the transaction, you won't pay any additional taxes because the bike is registered in US, just the price for it ($2900). I am a private seller not a dealer and I had ( for the moment ) the privilege to buy this bike for a low cost from a bankrupt store and we bought it along with others in order to make a showroom, but life had another plan for us. My wife was promoted and we had to move to Portugal and we do not have time to open the showroom anymore, besides there are a lot of things which have priority now, so this bike has to go, you have now the opportunity to purchase the bike from me at great saving from the original price. I want the transaction to go through a third party so the both of us will be safe. This is why I chose to be affiliated at eBay. I have with them a purchase protection account for $10,000. This money is for refunding my customers in case they are not satisfied with my selling activity. Using a third party as eBay, you will be 100% secure that you will receive your bike and I will receive the payment for it . If you are interested in purchasing the bike provide me with your name and shipping address so we can start the transaction.
Thanks

This is my response:
Hello, Sounds good, so the title is clear then? I deleted the auction number could you resend thta to me? Ok so I'm in OH But You might want to ship ot my office since I am residental and that is a large item to ship to me.. I can check with the DAS. So what step do we need to take now? I ready to buy the weather is getting warmer by the day

(i just realized my grammar was way off...lol)

His Quick reply
OK than, provide me with your name and shipping address, you will receive instructions from ebay on how to complete the transaction safely, thanks.

My reply
No problem... What was the eBay auction # again? I cannot seem to find it.
My name and adress is
Nick Franks
1585 Morse Road
COlumbus, OH 43229

(this is the adress a police substation near me..lol)

Quick Reply: i hate crooked ebayers!!