Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I hate being right

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 02:25 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is why it's so crucial to start out with a slower bike and not a super sport. It just takes that much longer to get into trouble. Sure it's not as much fun but you learn things and get away with more mistakes on a bike that doesn't accelerate as fast as a Ferrari.

Old 09-11-2010, 05:04 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What really sucks is that in an office full of d-bags, both of these guys are actually likeable. Both myself and the other Honda rider (he has a 600rr) hated to do it but we had to distance ourselves from both of them when they wouldn't listen about their riding.

We don't want to be there when they go down. And we don't want to be the cause of them going down when they try to stick with us and discover they can't compare in the corners. Blasting down I-95 and crawling down South street isn't our idea of fun

Old 09-11-2010, 09:33 PM

You missed my unrelated question

Old 09-11-2010, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by jp_greenville13
You missed my unrelated question
Oops, sorry. I named my bikes because I felt that if I anthropomized them a bit, we'd take better care of each other

The F4i is named after an X-Man. I always thought Storm was the hotness as a kid. And having Halle Berry portray her didn't hurt

Old 09-11-2010, 10:12 PM

Let's hope for a speedy recovery. Make this an example for your other co-worker.

Old 09-11-2010, 10:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Deltemis
leaning is for chumps, straight lines are awesome
Straight lines are for pu$$ies!!! :P

Old 09-12-2010, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod
Straight lines are for pu$$ies!!! :P
Straight lines are only fun if they terminate at, let's say a blind, uphill, off camber left turn. Like Turn 7 at Eagles Canyon.

Sorry to hear about a fellow rider, but if they won't listen, learn, and take simple precautions I have little sympathy.

Old 09-12-2010, 09:26 PM

Maybe one of y'all can answer this question: What the hell coulda caused internal injuries like that?!?

We don't have the accident details but we're mystified. Broken bones? Sure. Road rash? Yeah. But collasping a lung and tearing your liver? Only thing I can think of is his body hitting an immovable object.

Old 09-12-2010, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Maybe one of y'all can answer this question: What the hell coulda caused internal injuries like that?!?

We don't have the accident details but we're mystified. Broken bones? Sure. Road rash? Yeah. But collasping a lung and tearing your liver? Only thing I can think of is his body hitting an immovable object.
Sounds like he hit something like an immovable object... :/

Old 09-12-2010, 10:49 PM

Reason I said body vs immovable object is cause if it were just the bike, he'd get thrown. Guys highside / get launched all the time and I rarely hear of internal organ damage. Probably because the body doesn't hit the pavement with full force. A lot of it is lost to inertia (sliding / tumbling across the pavement).

Quick Reply: I hate being right