Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

i got in a wreck tonight...

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 07:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i got in a wreck tonight...

on my snowmobile.

it was snowing like a **** and and dark so i couldnt see very well. i was comming to the end of a field and i couldent rember if the driveway was on the left or the right of a telephone pole, well i chose left and guess what i was wrong. i hit a 4' deep ditch at about 15-20 mph. as soon as i knew i was gunna hit i tryed to jump off but i didnt quite make it all the way. i hit my left shin on the handle bars and it is about twice the size as the right one. i was able to ride it home but its pritty f-ed up. it wadded the frunt end right up, bent the left ski, bent the frame, and the hood is ****ed, and bent the hell out of the handle bars. im glad to be ok but im just so pissed at myself.

anyone elts out riding this winter be safe

Old 12-16-2007, 07:19 PM
Default RE: i got in a reck tonight...

at least you could get home and not left for the wolves!!! glad to hear you are ok. don't know anything about snowmobiles, but i am guessing they don't have lights?

Old 12-16-2007, 07:27 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ouch!! Glad you're at least OK and were able to make it home safely. Sucks it happend tho, but at least you're alright

I grew up on a farm and rode snomobiles when I was a kid. It can be f00king dangerous out there in the fields with the fences, ditches, creeks, ect. It always could have been worse! Somebody at one time up in IL where I used to live was getting mad at snomobiles going through his property, so he put a barbed wire fence up at neck level, so when somebody went flying through there, well.... use your imagination.

Heal up quick! Hope you can get the ski back in order without too much trouble

I was out riding my bike today and it started snowing up in the mountains (just flurries though)... maybe I'm gonna need to get a snowmobile too, hahah [&:]

Old 12-16-2007, 09:51 PM
Banned

Good to hear you are alive enough to still type.

Old 12-16-2007, 10:07 PM

Yeah, glad you are ok.

At first glance I thought..."wth was this guy out in the snow on a sportbike for?"

Then reading...snowmobile. Ahh...I see.

Least you were not as bad this college kid across the street from me...house renter.

Kid was most likely drunk, and one night ran into the telephone and power pole that was on the left side of his own driveway.

He was driving his pickup...

Knocked out the power, causing a power surge...which knocked out my downstairs TV, frying it.

Had to replace it.

The cops came out but the kid would not answer the door or he had left the scene.

Anyway, after several calls to the cops to find out what happened...well...nothing happened.

Just a drunk kid who cost me money for a TV...got off scot-free.

Anyhoo...

BTW, it's Wreck...not reck.

Get some lights for that thing....and be safe.

Old 12-16-2007, 10:30 PM

Guess it wasn't a honda snowmobile.

Old 12-16-2007, 10:58 PM

it did have lights but it was just snowing so bad that the visibility sucked. and no it wasn't a honda it was a yamaha.

Old 12-16-2007, 11:05 PM

Couldn't resist cracking that.
I've had so many experiences wrecking honda dirtbikes and fourwheelers, and never broken anything more than a brake lever or clutch lever.
I imagine even a honda woul've broken in this situation.
Glad to hear you're alright.
Hope it's not too much trouble to fix.

Old 12-17-2007, 08:00 AM

I hit a ****ing snow bank myself last night[:@], it sucked. I sold my other car on Sat and got to take my new one to work and on the way back ****ing slid into a bank of snow and ****ed front bumper pretty bad. I was so pissed at myself, I just went straight to sleep, now I have to fix it and I am selling the car, I'll get me something cheap to drive around in this crappy weather till I get out of school and get a better job.

Old 12-17-2007, 10:26 AM

Glad your OK. Sleds are fun, but with snow it's so hard to see what your riding into or on top of. I use to love to ride my qauds in the snow.

Quick Reply: i got in a wreck tonight...