Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I got to ride today!!!!! WOOHOO!

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 04:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I got to ride today!!!!! WOOHOO!

Weeks of miserable weather and we hit 40* today with sun sun sun. Got to put some miles on my girl. I had to stay on main roads and could hardly get any good lean on, but it was still riding. I was going through withdrawals. I did get to use my new suit pants with my usual jacket. I pulled out my suit's knee guards and used my icon knee/shin guards instead. It actually worked really well. We have snow on the ground but the roads were only wet in some spots. I had scouted out a dry route earlier in the day. The sun was really warm. Just took my time on corners and had fun for an hour or so. It was funny seeing all the people looking at me like 'wtf is he thinking?' I put some hand warmers in my gloves but only really felt cold in the last few minutes. Ahhhhh... that felt really damn good. Hopefully, I'll be able to ride one day next month. I just got back in the pic below. Smug and happy. [8D]

Name:  DSC00015.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  56.2 KB

Old 12-26-2007, 04:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: I got to ride today!!!!! WOOHOO!

WOOHOO ME TOO!!!
40+ here, good enough for me.
Very therapeutic, I needed that.
Few other bikes out and about also.

Old 12-26-2007, 05:11 PM

It was in the upper 50's for me today....so I got a chance to wash the bike up which I hadn't done in over a month....and then went and rode for about 20 mins....it was great....may do some more tomorrow.[sm=wootwoot.gif]

Old 12-26-2007, 08:15 PM
Retired Moderator

I posted up on another thread about a recent crappy weather ride. I had to ride, too, Six. Any chance you get to ride during the ****ty winter months, is like stealing from mother nature...and I love it!

Old 12-26-2007, 08:21 PM

We got out yesterday for a bit. the looks from the cages was great seeing 15 bikes out on the roads in this weather.
I guess they will never understand the feeling of a bike will they.

Old 12-26-2007, 08:59 PM

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

I posted up on another thread about a recent crappy weather ride. I had to ride, too, Six. Any chance you get to ride during the ****ty winter months, is like stealing from mother nature...and I love it!

I think the word ride should be replaced with attitude adjustment. I feel so much better after a ride. A ride in the middle of winter means I appreciate it that much more.

When I got back from the gym at 1:30, I was flying around the house getting ready so I could make the most of the afternoon. It was frantic. Dig out all the gear, start the bike, put the gear on.... I was sweating from the exertion of getting ready so fast. My usual gear up time is like 15 minutes or more. I did it in 8. It was fantastic though.

Old 12-26-2007, 10:31 PM
RCR

Cool to take it out like that and enjoy a bonus ride.

By the way is your dad Michael Chiklis from the Commish? Ya look like him.
[IMG]local://upfiles/17884/07861A1079254558BB5E2612908D58B6.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-26-2007, 11:27 PM

Don't let the pic fool you. I'm a total dork. Nerdy glasses and everything.

Old 12-27-2007, 01:09 AM

OH MY GOD!! hit 40 degrees so you rode?!?! I would freeze my a$$ off. Its past midnight right now, and its above 40 degrees at the moment. 42 to be exact. Glad its warmer here.

Old 12-27-2007, 07:53 AM

ORIGINAL: Martin_D

OH MY GOD!! hit 40 degrees so you rode?!?! I would freeze my a$$ off. Its past midnight right now, and its above 40 degrees at the moment. 42 to be exact. Glad its warmer here.

When you've seen teens, 20's, and low 30's for the past month, 40* is warm. Heck, I never really felt cold. The only reason I stopped riding around was b/c the sun was starting to go down and I did not want to chance water on the road freezing up.

Quick Reply: I got to ride today!!!!! WOOHOO!