Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I got 11 inches

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 09:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No snow here today....but its 15 degree's right now......

Old 03-02-2009, 09:50 PM

The few and the pround Honda riders of North Dakota have suffered through about 6 feet of snow in the past 2 months. A couple of us have vowed that the first day above 40 degrees we'll suit up and hit the road. With the winds we usually have (thanks Canada, first Rush and now this) it will most likely be a very short ride!

Old 03-02-2009, 09:51 PM
Default 1

Haha, a Tub Grinder gets hauled behind a bigrig it's so big. we use them to grind up trees, stumps, logs, brush, and it turns it all into mulch basically and then we haul the stuff away in 22 wheelers. we used it down in Mississippi after Hurricane Katrina and ground up 800,000+ yards of mulch in 7 months. it's quite impressive but it's a Monster and makes me a little nervous at times when she starts shaking apart and starts throwing 10lb chunks of steel (teeth) 500 feet in the air. they call it "Hogzilla". but now I'm up in Maine grinding for a Mulch facility, there getting ready for the new season and somehow the stuff is moving...I don't know who the hell is buying but they are surprisingly.
Ike debris was all the **** from Hurricane Ike over there in Galveston TX. Demolition basically. Houses, junk, trees, etc.
I'd gladly trade jobs with you for a little while
I don't mind the cold to a point, but when you have windchills down to -5, it doesn't take long to start quiting every 5 minutes ya know? oh well, what's ya guna do? I'm working and that's all that matters, right!!

Old 03-02-2009, 10:49 PM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting ~ learn something new every day. That sounds like one hell of a wood chipper! I don’t work inside either; wouldn’t want to, lol. Had a warehouse job when I was a teenager & got depressed from being locked up all day. Drove semis for 15 years (rain or shine) after that gig. My current job is more administrative in nature, but I’m still outside the majority of the time. Colorado is nice though, in that it has very mild Winters (usually) in the low areas.

Old 03-02-2009, 11:00 PM

Snow totaled about 7 here in lower PA, this is my "Spring Break".... Yeah eff that!

Old 03-03-2009, 07:19 AM

Hey dragginazz what part of NH are you from? Im down here in Jaffrey and i know what your saying about the snow, it sucks. I own a snowmobile and im still not happy about it. I just want to put my sled away and ride my bike again!

Old 03-03-2009, 07:37 AM

send some over here we have Zero inches year round. i wanna see some snow

Old 03-03-2009, 05:41 PM

Well this guy can sympathize with you, northern Montana is not exactly rider friendly... at least I love to snowboard ... temporary relief for a permanent itch. Hey anyone want to make a trip to Glacier Park this summer? I feel like a lone wolf up here.

Old 03-03-2009, 06:03 PM

im hoping our snow is done here in indiana
its supposed to be 50 tomorrow and then drops back down to 42 for the rest of the week
i really hope that 42 is as low as it gets the rest of the year
right now my bike is back at my parents, hanging from the ceiling with the back tire off, lol so i obviously wont be riding this week, but my goal is to bring it back after my spring break a few weeks from now, so hopefully it will be warm enough to ride it back by then

oddly enough i havent really been having the withdrawals thsi winter that i thought i would have, but i got a new set of sprockets and got to turn some wrenches last weekend wheni went home and i think that set it off, lol, cuz now im def missing it bad

Old 03-03-2009, 08:13 PM

Your welcome mr santini...now brace yourself we're dropping another weather missile soon!

Last edited by thrasher572; 03-03-2009 at 09:58 PM.

Quick Reply: I got 11 inches