Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I feel like bashing today

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 10:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I feel like bashing today

That's right I feel like bashing HD riders today. Most HD riders say us sport bike guy's are squids and are not safe riders, but really the HD guys are the squids of the bike world in the way that most of them never use gear. I have seen so many of them not even wearing a shirt while doing 70 down the freeway-that's smart, but then again they spent $30K on a slow, heavy oil leaking POS IMO. They say we don't ride safe, but I see way more HD's sitting outside of bars then I do sport bikes, yeah drinking and rideing is real safe. Oh and stright pipes do not sound good-I perfer that my ears don't bleed every time they go by my house.

That's all for now.

Old 01-09-2008, 10:16 AM
Default RE: I feel like bashing today

Eh, to each is his own. On the other hand, I just feel like bashing anything that can break. I'm ready to go home and rip up the company property with my 400EX just to relieve some stress! I'm just in one of those moods where I could beat the **** outta my bike if the roads were dry and clean.

As for the Harley thing, I agree that they don't represent responsability very well with their non-helmet wearing and the long nights in a bar. I can't say too much, because most of those guys are good at riding and so that's why their so damn old...like my future father-in-law. He knows his ****, and rides a road king. He doesn't knock me, and I don't knock him.

So who else wants to go out and let off some steam

Old 01-09-2008, 10:22 AM

theres squids in both the sport bike and cruiser scene.....just sport bikes are always getting the blame cause you have idiots that cant stay under 100mph on the streets.

l dont see why everybody is so worried about someone else wearing gear....hell if they dont wanna wear it, thats there problem(1 wreck if they survive normally fixes that)....I like wearing my gear, and dont feel the same if I am not wearing it. Plus it looks cool

Harleys might be slow POS, but you can sell that POS for almost what you paid for it years later....a good investment if you ask me.....but I still like my bike better

Old 01-09-2008, 10:31 AM

I know to each his own and I really don't care if they don't wear gear. If they want to look like a skinded cat that's on them-I am just in a mood and feel like cracking on the HD guys for once.

For some reason the HD's do hold there value, but I still don't want one.

Old 01-09-2008, 10:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[sm=chairshot.gif]

Old 01-09-2008, 02:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have a strong Harley presence in my town, you can always hear em as they go by.
Few guys in the club I'm in have them to, I can see the attraction, especially with the older guys who have come back to bikes (unlike this older guy who never left). If all your going to do is go "Cruzin", then why not. I think the "attitude" comes from them forking out big bucks & ending up with a piece of crap that won't go, handle or stop without spending another heap of money on them. As for the loud exhaust's. Pathetically its just, "Look at me, I'm on a Harley" while everyone else is thinking "Yeah & your a Dick".

Old 01-09-2008, 02:21 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Bumble Bee

That's right I feel like bashing HD riders today. Most HD riders say us sport bike guy's are squids and are not safe riders, but really the HD guys are the squids of the bike world in the way that most of them never use gear. I have seen so many of them not even wearing a shirt while doing 70 down the freeway-that's smart, but then again they spent $30K on a slow, heavy oil leaking POS IMO. They say we don't ride safe, but I see way more HD's sitting outside of bars then I do sport bikes, yeah drinking and rideing is real safe. Oh and stright pipes do not sound good-I perfer that my ears don't bleed every time they go by my house.

That's all for now.
Have you ever personally had someone that rode a HD call you a squid or not a safe rider?

Putting all the guy's who ride a HD or cruiser into one catagory is nothing better than someone saying all sportbike riders are unsafe. I come from a family who has always owned Harley's. My first day of kindegarden was on the back of my dad's Harley. When I got into sportbikes IhaveNEVER had problems with Harley owners. I dont understand where this seperation and segregation comes from. Every fundraising or big meets I attend is full of cruisers. Sportbikes are a minority. I get many people who want to talk, ride, hang out who ride Harley's at these meets.

I see way more people who need "attitude adjustments" riding sportbikes than anything else.

Think about it! Most of the longtime Harley owners had to go through the prejudice of society thinking they were up to no good when seen. They had to deal with the time period of every Harley owner was part of some "Harley's Angels" gang. They were always looked down upon by the norm of society. They were feared by most just because of the type of motorcycle they rode.

I am not trying to bash or anything, but you should really get over the fact that people are going to look at you differently. All your doing by bashing or complaining about it, is feeding into it. Your apart of a society that most dont understand. This is probably what appealed the most to you at first.

Oh yeah, the word "Squid" is used ten times more by the sportbike community than it is by any other motorcycle community. This term needs to be put to bed.

Old 01-09-2008, 02:29 PM

I agree with that bar thing, but I see just as many sport bike guys in T's and short and no helmet as I see HD guy's in their "I'm cool" gear. I think the Goldwing crowd is the one that could call all of us unsafe. They never go fast, always quiet and seem respectful, and they always are wearing at least a helmet, usually more. Of course their reaction time has to be lightyears behind the rest of us.

Old 01-09-2008, 03:12 PM

At least HD riders wave back. Can't say the same for those crappy Goldwing riders.[:@]

I agree about the bar comment though. At least when I see sportbike riders at a bar, for the most part they take it easy on the booze and drink lots of water and soda. Can't say that about the HD guys.

For the life of me though I still don't understand a law requiring seatbelts, but none requiring helmets at all times.

Old 01-09-2008, 04:59 PM

[sm=sigh.gif]

Jesus Christ...

[sm=violin.gif]

[sm=repost.gif]

Quick Reply: I feel like bashing today