Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I dropped her

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 01:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I dropped her

I dropped my freakin' bike the other day. It didn't go all the way down. actually nothing touched the ground. I caught it, and pulled every muscle in my back, shoulders, arms and legs. Nothing but a bruised ego, but I felt totally stupid. It was 5:00 in the morning, I had my baby warming up. When I went in to give the news a last look, It was supposed to rain all damn day. So I rushed outside to put her back up. i made a quick turn in the neighbors driveway, and oops, there it went. Luckily no one saw. It was extremely humiliating. My wife thought this was the funniest thing in the world. Please tell me I'm not the only idiot in the world who drops their bike at 0 speed. thanks for letting me gripe. Sprout

Old 02-06-2006, 02:12 PM
Default RE: I dropped her

Nope you're not the only person!

Old 02-06-2006, 02:38 PM

if my bike was falling over i would jump under it to keep it from hitting the ground.

Old 02-06-2006, 02:40 PM

It hurt like hell, but I wasn't about to let it drop. thanks guys, I feel better

Old 02-06-2006, 03:13 PM

Way to sacrifice the body man!

You are definitely not the only one that's dropped their bike under 5 mph.

Old 02-06-2006, 03:28 PM
jim
Default Torn

Hi Sprout

You are not alone, on new years Eve at about 08.00 I got to work and parked up, but because it stated to spit with rain in decided to reverse/push my bike into the garage out of the weather but unfortunately I am a stupid c**t and left the steering lock on ! DOH, the bike toppled away from me and the outstretched side stand caught the soft bit of flesh behind my knee and tore out a two inch lump of flesh/fat and muscle out of my left calf, I felt the tingling and had a look and I was like "oh crap that need's stitches" but because I work on a military base I could call an ambulance but they wouldn’t be allowed on site, and as you can imagine it was a Saturday New Years eve morning just before 8am and there was no one awake and the guy I was on shift with had walked to work that morning.

Subsequently I rode to A & E to get 11 stitches; thankfully the bike had one crappy little scratch no cracks. (Phew)
I have had two accidents and the other was a 45mph but this one done me more damage and was at 0.1 MPH backwards!

My missus was trying to be funny and take the ****, I was blatantly not in the mood so when we stopped at and ATM I said "hold the bike while I get some cash" I handed her the bike and walked off, I know it was a bit cruel but afterwards my missus did say without me prompting her “Are all bikes as heavy as yours?" and my response was "some are heavier and some are lighter but this is about average for a big bike" (CBR1000F).

Anyway dude I hope your pulled muscles are starting to heal, I found that beer helped.

Warm Regards

Jim

Old 02-06-2006, 03:34 PM

as a matter of fact, beer did seem to help more than anything, physically and mentally.

Old 02-06-2006, 03:47 PM
Retired Administrator

Way to take one for the team.... sacrifice your body for the bike.

We have a thread full of stories like this... check this out.

Old 02-07-2006, 12:43 AM

sucks that had to happen... but the main thing is you saved the bike! once i thought i put the kickstand down... but didn't. it wasn't pretty but i made the save.

Old 02-07-2006, 02:35 AM

Yeah this is a bad feelin. and Also it make you feel like an idiot. But when it gets to a point you have a hard time stopping it.

Quick Reply: I dropped her