Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I was at a dealership and....

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 08:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I was at a dealership and....

I was sitting on the CBR600rr to make sure i sit on it ok...while doing so i get like 3 different salesman coming to me and keep hounding me about what i want...and im like im just looking so just let me look...but the 3rd didnt take a hint....and went and talked about how good the cbr is but to get more bang for my buck i should look at the gsxr...he told me it was more comfortable and some bs...iwasnt paying attention...but when i sat on it, i was able to flat foot both feet while on the cbr i was nearly flat foot....so now the salesman has got me thinking 600rr or gsxr.....darn him....i know im on honda forum...but still...im just waiting to get some better insuracne quotes...then i can get a bike...i really dont know why im posting..maybe the fact i dont wanna be a looked as a squid...or maybe for some of you to knock some sense into me...just needed to get that off my mind...thanks...but i do like the gear indicator on the gsxr...oh well someone knock some wisdom into my head =D

Old 10-02-2006, 09:06 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: I was at a dealership and....

Here's the truest wisdom I know concerning bikes: get what YOU like.

Having said that, being over here you're gonna get more Honda bias. I've owned Kaws, Zukes and Hondas. Kaws handle awesome and some make a bit more power but they make the power by bumping the compression. Zukes on the other hand got the most soul. Fun to ride and buildable as heck because of all the aftermarket goodies. Honda is just best overall -- period. Comfort, handling, usable power, flawless FI.

Old 10-02-2006, 09:38 PM
VP

Yeah and think about it like this (this is my rationale but it may not necessarily apply to you)

Other than motorcycles, Yamaha makes: a few marine toys, and but mainly musical instruments.
Other than motorcycles, Kawasaki makes: NOTHING.
Other than motrorcycles, Suzuki makes: some seriously crappy and untrustworthy cars.

Other than motorcycles, Honda makes: the most reliable cars on earth, incredibly reliable yard equipment, marine equipment, Acura automobiles, ATVs, engines, generators, outboard motors, water pumps, scooters, oh and snowblowers.

What does all this mean? Nothing! But damnit, it seems to make sense.

I thought to add this in just a moment ago, also you want to remember why a salesman would tell you what bike you like... hmm. I'm in sales, so if you don't already know the answer here goes. HE MAKES MORE MONEY OFF THE ZUKE! Why the hell else would he care. He doesn't, trust me. He just wants to have more dollars in his checking account. Just like everybody else, he will tell you what needs to get where he wants to be financially.

Also, if you have a license, find some used ones nearby and see if you can get a test drive. I don't think anyone would object if you have cash in hand.

Old 10-03-2006, 02:14 AM

I agree on the get what you like. I have riden both 06 750 and an 07 gsxr600 and they are damn cool bikes. I really like Honda better personally just the "feel" I guess, that and everyone and their mom owns a suzuki. But they too are damn good bikes. P.S. I like the comment about what other stuff the companies make.. makes me feel even better about owning a honda.

Old 10-03-2006, 03:02 AM
Retired Administrator

You're not acting like a squid.... a squid would have already bought the GSX'R because that's what everyone else has. Another thing... I've been told that Suzuki financing doesn't require you to keep full coverage on a new bike. That's a big reason for every kid to buy one.

Old 10-03-2006, 04:08 AM

Honda finanicing doesnt require it either.. and neither does yahamha....and kawasaki makes jet skis, quads, and mules.. but on the other hand... get a honda you wont be disappointed!

Old 10-03-2006, 05:23 AM

i think it differentiates by states don cause the only one here was honda i believe and you had to be a gold card holder to obtain that.

Old 10-03-2006, 05:24 AM

You need some sense knocked into you? Get a SUZUKI. I regret ever buying a honda. They are slow and expensive. And my personal experience with honda is terrible. I've owned 15 year old suzukis that have been beaten and tortured and they were all more reliable than my 03 honda with low miles. That is just me though, I'm sure you could get the same amount of horror stories about any company. As for long term reliability you're gonna sell or wreck the bike long before you push the troublesome miles so don't let that be a part of the equation. Just get what feels more comfortable and looks cooler because they are all the same beyond that for a beginner.

Old 10-03-2006, 05:38 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

ORIGINAL: CBRCorey

You need some sense knocked into you? Get a SUZUKI. I regret ever buying a honda. They are slow and expensive. And my personal experience with honda is terrible. I've owned 15 year old suzukis that have been beaten and tortured and they were all more reliable than my 03 honda with low miles. That is just me though, I'm sure you could get the same amount of horror stories about any company. As for long term reliability you're gonna sell or wreck the bike long before you push the troublesome miles so don't let that be a part of the equation. Just get what feels more comfortable and looks cooler because they are all the same beyond that for a beginner.
when i 1st read this i thought you were joking then as i read more into it i realized that you were serious [] but i do agree with the last part about get whatever feels better to you. everytime i ride i tend to push my F3 harder and harder , and when i do im greeted back with more then i thought she had

Old 10-03-2006, 09:18 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

more!!!!!!!! Kawasaki builds nothing ?????!!!!!!!! They build ships. I think the parent co. is Kawasaki heavy industry ltd.
Clean and free, Ripp'n

Quick Reply: I was at a dealership and....