Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I bought a Yami!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 08:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I bought a Yami!!!

A Vino that is, for the wife. She had an 05 Metro, but wasn't interested in it and when we moved up here she wanted me to sell it. Now shes been seeing chicks and all on scoots running around town, thinking it looks like fun, soooooooo she liked the looks of the Vino, so I bought her the back one with chrome trim. It's a 49cc, she sat on the 125cc and thought it felt to big and heavy. I'd rather her get the bigger one so she can have more road to go on at safe speed limmits and all, but the little Vino will do 40 with me on there and I got 60 lbs on my wife, so it scoots her along nicely. All the roads around here are 35mph zones and you can take the scenic rides to wherever you need to go without having to get on the freeway, so should be some fun. She got a matching Arai also. Shoulda seen me riding it home from the dealer, all geared up on this little thing, I even got a wave from some old burly dude on a Harley! HA! Anyway, thought I'd share. Oh yea, full coverage insurace for 109.00 a year. wish I could get those rates on my bike.

Old 07-17-2007, 10:08 AM
Retired Moderator
Default RE: I bought a Yami!!!

I've made fun of scooters a lot, but I actually hear they are a blast! We have one gal that works at my work, and she just got a scoot. You'd think she just got a Harley. Next thing you know, she'll be bringing in her 1/8 mile stimes. Cool for your wifey, Troop. The mtaching helmets is a nice touch...[&:].

Old 07-17-2007, 11:37 AM

Scooters are fun, you just wont get many people to admit it. Care-free operation. I mean, of course wear your gear and pay attention like anything else, but smooth power delivery, it won't get away from you, no clutch or gears to worry about, just simple, low speed commuting and running around. Near 100MPG, hell, if I lived close enough to work, I'd ride that thing in! Did I just say that......umm, I mean, I ride to work on one wheel on my turboed busa....yea, that sounds better. lol.

Old 07-17-2007, 11:59 AM

if i worked in the same city i live in id walk to work or ride a bicycle, o wait i do walk to work (3 blocks) i would have bought a mt. bike but i had to put the last pay check into the bike cuz of that pos car that cut me off.. any who. those things do look like fun but i would be too tempted to flamingo pose that thing down the street haha. arai helmets are sweet, congrats to your wife, i would rather be on a scooter than a metro any day haha.

Old 07-17-2007, 12:27 PM

There is this gigantic chick that rides one to the grocery store that I go to. That little vino is laboring like no other hahaha.

Old 07-17-2007, 02:07 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

A few of us at work have scoots, they are a blast, easy to fix when ya crash em. +1 on the gear too, several of us got rashed up a bit till we learned our lesson.

Old 07-17-2007, 02:15 PM

The parts market for these things is pretty suprising. I found an Arrow exhaust for 160.00 SWEEEET! Me and the wife can have matching Arrow systems! I'm gonna put it on and suprise her.

Old 07-17-2007, 05:20 PM

I saw one at the local supermarket the other day that had the Arrow exhaust on it. Sounded good as hell! Although I'm pretty sure it was the 125cc...

Old 07-17-2007, 06:52 PM

I'm sorry guys, I can't help but laugh at scooters! I've seen a lot of people on them in full body gear, it just looks ridiculous. I can't figure out the attraction...at all. I know I'm new to the world of motorcycling, but I'd never be caught on a scooter. Haha.

Old 07-17-2007, 06:56 PM

ORIGINAL: kittswife

I'm sorry guys, I can't help but laugh at scooters! I've seen a lot of people on them in full body gear, it just looks ridiculous. I can't figure out the attraction...at all. I know I'm new to the world of motorcycling, but I'd never be caught on a scooter. Haha.
Its on two wheels and has motor, whats not to like!!! My wife is British, she grew up on minis and vespas.

Quick Reply: I bought a Yami!!!