Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I Am More Mature than You Think

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 01:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I Am More Mature than You Think

For those who think i'm a crackwhore idiot...check this out...

wifey's good friend works at yamaha corporate...he wants to learn to ride, wants me to teach him...he gets 2 big purchases per year...wife talked to him and worked out a some details in getting me an R6!

she told me last night and my jaw dropped, my legs were no longer able to support my 180lbs of pure muscle (at least that's what i'm calling it)...she said "your F4i is POS...unsafe, you've had overheating issues and the last time you rode it the timing cover bolt fell off and oil got everywhere and you almost died...if i can't get you to quit riding (as she said this part, my 6 month old screamed...he doesn't want me to quit riding i guess...muahhaa), then i want you on something newer...cause i don't want anything bad happening. NAME OF BUDDY can get you an R6 for a really good price...but no R1 (she doesn't know that the new R6 is a beast!)"

after reflecting for 3 hours...i told her..."yes i'll teach your friend. as far as the bike, thanks so much for the offer...but i don't want to take on another payment, regardless of how small it is. there's already so much money going out. F4i is paid off. money can be better used for other things...now can i get a pair of bolle sunglasses? it's only $60"

so see...i did the responsible thing here...the F4i needs tires...that's it...i think it's cheaper to replace tires than the whole bike...muahhaahha...my goal is not to have the best performing bike, it's to make myself perform best no matter what i am on.

after that she said "we'll see at the end of the year"...she doesn't like my F4i....

Old 03-30-2007, 01:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I Am More Mature than You Think

Tahoe, you never cease to amaze me friend. I've got tears in my eyes right now... because I cannot believe you let your wife associate with someone that works for Yammie

Good to hear you're sticking to your guns and not abandoning Ol' Faithful. That would be a tough deal to turn down...

Cheers!

Old 03-30-2007, 01:40 PM

"I Am More Mature than You Think"

You weren't that immature from the beginning

Old 03-30-2007, 01:43 PM
Registered Users

payment's suuuck!!

Old 03-30-2007, 01:46 PM

GUYS....thanks for your support...
but most of all...you're crazy for reading a long rant!

Old 03-30-2007, 01:58 PM

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC
you're crazy for reading a long rant!
We're crazy??!!!By the way do you do all your own wrenching? What's up with random **** falling off your bike.

Old 03-30-2007, 02:19 PM

youre my hero T, id keep the f4i too

unless you get a busa [sm=bling.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 03-30-2007, 02:25 PM

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC
you're crazy for reading a long rant
I Am More CRAZY than You Think

Old 03-30-2007, 02:39 PM

JJ...some advice...preparation H below the eyes to get rid of bags from crying baby the night before! muahahaha..

yea i do all my own wrenching...but the one time i took it elsewhere, they torqued it down tp spec but didn't use UBER thick grease and it vibrated off. after that i said F the spec and cranked her down.

never again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-30-2007, 10:28 PM
Retired Moderator

Tahoe,
If and when you get your new baby, I hope you stay on this forum...you are like a comfortable, smelly, old shoe. What would we do without our smelly shoe? Seriously, I hope you get what you need to make your racing more productive and, on a big positive side, keep you alive!